Steve22:

From the research I've done....this is how I'm going to build my floating cage. I will be using either 1/4 " or 1/2" plastic netting from a roll that measures 49" W x50'L @ approx $1.55 ft for 1/4' mesh. In making the cage I will use 8- 3 way corner fittings and 4- 8' L of PVC pipe for the frame length and 7- 4' lengths for the width and depth of the cage and cross top piece for the top. Resulting in a 8' L x 4'W x 4' Deep cage. Use plastic electrical ties to attach the plastic netting to the sides and bottom/top of the 1 1/2" diameter PVC piping. I'm not sure if this sealed frame will float...but I may have to add some rigid insulation or something else to help it float a little above the surface water of my lake. Any possible suggestion on floating this cage is very welcome. Lastly, 2/3 of the top will be secured to the frame with the last 1/3 of the top hinged to open for feeding and fish removal. I will also, secure a floating feeding ring inside the cage to help keep the floating pellets in a defined area and easy monitoring of food intake. The hinged top will use 2 - "T" fitting and 4 elbows to frame the hinged lid. I hope this is of some help. Has anyone else built a cage similar to this and is it working good....regards

Rowly