Since this thread is discussing GSF I thought I would offer an update from another thread started late last year. It was a good discussion on GSF and how they can be used and/or eliminated when wanting CNBG/LMB fishery. I have been trapping them in a cylindrical perch trap since Dec 07. I have taken out 170+ GSF most in the 4-5" range, several 6-7" and 2 9". I am currently getting alot of the size of pinky finger, so I assume I had a spawn this year. I throw the little ones back in for bass food, but anything 3" or larger goes to the creek about 2 miles away. I did not think the LMB (8-10") will be ready for the 3+" size, and afraid if I leave them in they may create a later spawn. I get LOTS of 1-3" CNBG in my trap now, whereas early in the year it was all GSF, so I believe my efforts to control GSF and allow the CNBG to get to the feed is working. I also have 10 lbs of Tilapia. Here is the other thread:
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=9650&Number=101881#Post101881

Unfortunately, the word of ERADICATION must have reached JHAP and he sent a GSFA soldier out for attack !!!!!

Thanks,

Darryl