My ponds have virtually no structure, just because I love to use light line for bluegill so much. I have a buddy who has a pond with so much structure in the way of trees that I don't dare use 4 pound test, but I do use 6 pound. When I use Berkley Trilene 6 pound test brand new I can literally pull a 12 foot aluminum boat to the snag with it, provided the hook doesn't straighten. I get so many more bluegill bites with 4 pound test than heavier line it isn't even funny. When I get a big fish and the water is cooler like it is now, I just enjoy the fight and keep maximum pressure so the fight is short. I agree with everything George has said, I was just questioning the use of this thread to talk about it.

I think Ken's assessment of the use of lighter hooks is very accurate. If you fish as much as I do you learn which hooks will fail before the line does, and you use those. It works really slick. I was fishing my pond a couple of days ago and I kept getting snagged on one little clump of trees next to the dock and I straightened the hook each time, then reeled it in, realigned the hook and went back to fishing. Best of both worlds; Light line for good presentation and light hook to "quick release" hybrids and snags. \:\) \:\)

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.