I've looked at ponds all over the nation. I have looked at chemical analysis of pond water from all over the nation. A common thread between color of water (sans a plankton bloom)is what's dissolved into it, especially minerals. In sandy soils of piney woods, water has a dark brown tint, like tea. That water is acidic and soft...whether it's in Georgia, Alabama, Canada or Texas. In areas where there's a heavy influence of limestone under the subsoils or mixed into the soils, water is a rich greenish color, sometimes with a blue tint.
Extremely low pH water, less than 4.0, the water is a beautiful cobalt blue, like the Caribbean. Scares me to death when I see that gorgeous color.
I would bet that if you analyze your water (which you should do anyway, for future reference) you will find a mixture of different metals and minerals with a heavy influence of limestone.
Always remember this...scientists call water the "universal solvent." Water can dissolve even the biggest, toughest rocks and metals and then deposit that stuff elsewhere. It can dissolve organic matter (that's why acidic water is brown...usually from tannins from leaves and pine needles and wood) as well as some inorganic things. Water has some magically powers and our job is to know about it and nurture it.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...