Originally Posted By: iowanagofishin
IV'E GOT A GOOD ONE FOR THIS THREAD, RCVD 8 INCHES OF RAIN IN TWO DAYS, HAD 18 INCHES OVER THE TUBE, AND STUPID ME TRIED TO EXTEND THE PIPE UP ANOTHE 4 FEET TO WITHIN A FOOT OF THE TOP OF THE DAM, NEEDLESS TO SAY I GOT SUCKED INTO THE 8 INCH TUBE ONE LEG ALL THE WAY TO MY GROIN. IT SHREDDED MY LEG FROM ANKLE TO KNEE, AND SEVERELY BRUISED THE INSIDE OF THE PELVIS AREA.THANK THE ONE ABOVE THAT I HAD A FRIEN THERE WITH ME WHO ALSO HAD HIS ARM IN THIS PIPE ALL THE WAY TO HIS SHOULDER TRYING TO GET ME OUT
WE STOPPED THE FLOW OF WATER WITH OUR BODIES AND WHEN ALL THE WATER LEFT THE PIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DAM IT TOOK A BIG GULP OF AIR AND SPIT US BOTH UT LIKE A CORK.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, I THOUGHT I WAS A GONER!

DANG!!! I think the pipe in my pond is about 8 inches. Haven't got out there in a boat to look at it up close though. I'll remember not to mess around with it when it's sucking water after a rain. If it comes a big enough rain here i lose water around the southwest corner of the dam. We've had some good rains in the last month but it hasn't run over any. Neighbor said if we get a bunch of rain real quick then there's nothing you can do but watch.