Bump.

Quote:
The yellow bass inhabits large rivers and their backwaters, lakes, and quiet pools (Clay 1975; Douglas 1974; Eddy and Underhill 1974; Etnier and Starnes 1993; Pflieger 1997; Phillips et. al. 1982; Robison and Buchanan 1988;). It is a schooling fish characteristic of sluggish waters, but may be found in rapids or gravel-bottomed open water when it spawns (Clay 1975; Etnier and Starnes 1993; Phillips et. al. 1982). It tolerates varying turbidity, but prefers clearer water with vegetation (Etnier and Starnes 1993; Robison and Buchanan 1988). In Iowa, it inhabits clear to slightly turbid waters over a firm bottom of sand, gravel, rubble and mud (Harlan et al. 1987).

Quote:
Spawning habitat: Gravelly bottoms in waters 0.6-0.9m deep (Burgess 1980; Pflieger 1997). Phytolithophils; nonobligatory plant spawner that deposit eggs on submerged items (Simon 1999; Balon 1981).

Reproductive strategy: While spawning, the female lies partly on her right side and ejects eggs toward the male, who remains upright over her and fertilizes the eggs as they are released; females do not release their entire egg complement in a single spawning (Burnham 1909). The eggs hatch in 4 to 6 days at a temperature of 21 degrees C, and yolk sac is absorbed in 4 days (Burgess 1980; Pflieger 1997; Carlander 1997). Phytolithophils have late hatching larvae with cement glands in free embryos, have larvae with moderately developed respiratory structures, and have larvae that are photophobic (Simon 1999; Balon 1981).

If I had to guess based upon on-line literature, I'd say reproduction would be iffy. IIRC some Texas PMs here have pretty good knowledge of Yellow Bass.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]