Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
 Originally Posted By: Shawn Banks
Here's the actual study:

Hayward, R. S., and H. P. Wang. 2006.
Rearing male bluegills indoors may be advantageous for producing food-size sunfish. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 37:496-508

That's funny. I'm already trying it, but nobody wants to talk to me. ;\)

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=6061&Number=55868#Post55868

No one wants to talk to a cutting edge rogue Frankenstein scientist. \:D

Bruce, I will be doing what you are doing and with some of your bluegills. Can't wait to document the results! Thank you for being my inspiration along with Bill Cody!

Shawn, Bill, and Norm,

Good points. I guess I just don't like the hybrids. To me they're ugly (just my opinion of course), and most of the fish producers push them in my region vs. regular bluegills. What irks me is they fail to tell the pond owners they will not adequately provide forage for their bass. And of course they exaggerate the size potential. Then there's the hype with that one fish from that particular producer that will remain nameless in that southern state. I have a friend that fell hook line and sinker for that one and I can't tell him any different. Funny thing is my bluegills have always been bigger than his.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/07/08 01:47 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.