you guys are great, just the stuff i was looking for.

bing, it has been cheap entertainment, we even had free basic cable for a couple years until my concious got the best of me. just by looking at the new tvs in the stores i know already i'll be shocked......we have a problem w/ our cable though, its so far from the pole we've lost bandwidth even w/ an amp at the house, so the digital end is not so good, plus we had to split it for internet, so hi def may be a ways off til cable can help me further amp it, or strengthen their overall signal.

ewest, my brother keeps telling me sony sony sony..but i'm cheap, he buys for the specs, i go bang for buck, i'll definitely look at them though cause i know sony makes quality stuff,

bobad, thanks for that link....very informative, i see LCD units w/ 20 watt speakers, 32 inch screen for well under 1000 dollars... i can definitely narrow down a type and brand w/ that info.

thanks dvatsa, we have a best buy w/in about 35 miles from here which will be on my route tomorrow. and hey, i can complain about spending money cant i?

bski raised a concern i heard about not being able to see the picture from an angle, but i heard it was for lcd tvs....? i'll check that out at the stores...bski, at least yer GE is color...i only had a B&W w/ no remote well into the 80's

GSF are people too!