Hello everyone, I'm new at this message board stuff so please bear with me. I'd first like to say that I've been a long time observer of this site and a six month subscriber to the magagzine which I highly recommend to those without subscriptions.

My family has a pond we use to irrigate crops with that we redug 2 years ago and I was planning on stocking it this spring. The basics of the pond are: 1.5 acres: sand, rock and concrete slab banks: 16 ft. deepest part: 7ft. average depth: 70% of bottom covered with chara: hard water?: 74 degrees highest water temp taken:
3 pine trees in for cover and alot of pallets in 4 ft of water: clear water.

The problem is deciding what kind of fish to put in it. There are four people in my family and each one of us likes fishing for a different species. To me the size of the fish is really not as immportatnt as not knowing what I'm going to catch. I've already got fathead minnows, golden shiners, mosquito fish and crawdads established. I also put 10 grass carp in last summer. I was wondering if someone could expand on the high maintenance of a high divesity pond.
Thanks