For those of you interested in Norm's pond, I may be able to eventually report some more information.

I have not actually been to his pond yet. However, this upcoming fall, I will teach my advanced fisheries management class (for graduate students who plan to be fisheries biologists). One of the things I like to do is have all students do some sampling, and learn to write a management plan. Norm has indicated that I can send a couple of the students down to his pond for their class project. I'll have them electrofish and trap net the fish community, and work up the sizes, condition factors, and relative abundances for the various fish species. I'm especially looking forward to comparing condition of the various predator types, and seeing what prey supplies might actually be there.

With Norm's permission, which likely will not be a problem [:-)], I can share the sampling overview with the Pond Boss group.

Dave

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.