I was really excited about this post! Norm has about 12 different species in his lake! Greg you are right, it would be wonderfull if we could easily run an operation like this, but in reality we can't. Greg what species would you absolutly get rid of?
There are certain spciese that no has ever seemed to comment on like: Fresh water drum, white bass, and Rock Bass? How do these fish do in lakes and ponds?

I am in the process of building an 8.2 acre lake at around 30 feet deep. I got all the leagel paper work from the Core and Georgia safe dams. The thing I am worried about now is construction and cost this is far more important than what you stock.....
When I do get around to stock this lake I will have all three bream red breasted, copper nose, and redear. Then I might add shad. Then 50 bass, 10 hybrid, 10 black crappie, and 7 to 10 blues per acre... this would give a conservitive 80 predetors per acre. This is about as diverse as I can get. Might add a feeder or two for the forage base...