Boy!
This is all new to me! I have always wanted diveristy, but it seem always a big no no by the experts, so I realy did not mentioned it.
I thought I had a grasp on this carying capacity (or what ever you call it), Until I read Norm post. Some of the stuff he say makes a lot of sense to me. I always thought that different fish occupy different parts of the lake. But other parts he talks about, when mentioning "Big Pie" I am totaly confused...

My thoughts right or wrong were always that your pond can only produce a certain pound of forage and therefor inturn can produce a certain number of Predetor fish. If you can produce 200 lbs of forage, then that means they can be all blugill or you can split it up into many different speices, but at the end of the day you only get 200 lbs. This is unless you add some sort of catylest to the system, like a feeder, then you increase your "carting capacity".
This the same with the Predetors you xxx number of lbs per acer, I can be one predetor or lots of different predetors. If want to increase this number then you have to elevate your forage base.

Me personally I want to have a diversity and still grow large bass. My Idea is to stock less than the recomended rates of LMB and add three other predetors..