Greg is it possible to add other species without lowering the forage base?

For instance, here's how I'm looking at it. If you have a family of 3, Father Wife and child, and everyday they were fed a constant amount of food...say 3 pounds. (I have no clue if that is even close to being accurate) Then each person could consume approx. 1 pound. However, if two more children were added with the same amount of food being brought in then each person would only have .6 pounds.

Now looking at our ponds and backing up what you said previously, if we have a certain number of forage fish and predator fish then each fish can have so much. If we add a different species that also consumes the forage fish, then each predator fish gets less as in our family mentioned above. But what if we could have such a large forage base that the introduction of wipers or channels would not influence growth? Is this possible in a pond environment? I know I have seen HUGE schools of shiners/baitfish in lakes before. So my real question is...Is it possible to obtain a forage base that is large enough to sustain a number of species of predators and that doesn't have to be restocked?