I'm for diversity in my pond. This is the first time I've done any type of stocking besides emptying my bait (shiners or fatheads).

Existing fish were LMB, Cats, Crappies, Sunnies, and Perch.

Additions this year were more LMB, SMB, a few Wipers, more Perch, and a lot more fatheads and shiners.

We've got depths in flats as low as 3' and going to 5 & 6'. We've got a long creek channel that's 6-10' deep, and about a 1 acre area thats 10-20'. The whole water area is roughly 7 acres, partiallly spring fed, and partially creek fed.

But my situation is different because any thing can come into my lake from the creek; anything can leave my lake via the creek also. The creek flows along side the long side of my lake, separated by an abandoned RR berm. The creek connects to my lake via a 5' pipe buried in the RR berm; there is a damn just downstream of that pipe which pools up water and flows it into my lake. Then theres a similar 3' pipe about 300 feet down stream that can serve as the outlet.

I believe I would get bored if all I could catch was LMB and Sunfish, even if every LMB was 5 lbs plus. Then again, for all I know at this point, all of my new SMB could be out in the creek.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."