Hey there everyone. JHAP, Eddie, Brettski and everyone else. I am sorry that I was not around to participate in the most recent 'cement board' discussions here. I enrolled in college to get a Master of Science degree and have been swamped. Couple that with digging a VERY unsuccussful test hole where we wanted to put a pond and viola!, you have a guy with a busted dream of having a cool pond who finds himself spending less time on his favorite PondBoss forum. I try to check in but there are many threads to keep up with. I keep waiting to see the pics of water going out Brettski's spillway pipe, though. Perhaps with this most recent rain?

Anyhow, Eddie, your gazebo looks too cool! I love it! The question is, though, how did you get your lovely wife to smile as she was PAINTING? The last time my wife smiled when we were painting (sort of) was when we were sealing our driveway. We were using this extra large pan and it was full. A huge branch (I am not making this up) breaks off of a tree and falls. It just misses both of us, but hits the edge of the pan. It catapoulted the ENTIRE contents at me. I literally had driveway sealer running down my arse crack. Well, she was smiling then.

I digress. Sorry. Your gazebo looks GREAT. We too learned to paint with the grain. We sprayed ours, and it looks very bad to spray against the grain. No way to fix it either. We have actually found a couple of areas where the finish has worn off. I am going to touch it up this Spring and see how it lasts. If I were to do it again, I think I would go with the factory finish to be honest, that way there is a bit of a guarantee. Those things are often pro-rated anyway, though. At this point the jury is still out.

Miss you guys. If anyone wants to donate clay, I will trade sandy loam and tons of sandstone boulders in return...