I DOUBT that the coyotes would harm the rott. However, I figure whenever all life ceases on Earth, we will still have coyotes, cockroaches and coons. I believe the rott can take care of himself. He is bred and built to be a fighter and the yotes are hunters, not fighters. Taking him on is just not a paying proposition. However, if he gets injured, they will sense it and come for him. While I don't think you have anything to worry about, I believe that you have very little to win by letting him go for them. Consider a motion detector light. They will get used to it and can be shot under it. Once that happens, they will rarely come close. There are other methods but I won't publicly post them. E-Mail me at dave.davidson@charter.net if you want to get rid of them.

Actually, I like and admire coyotes. I know they make a living on deer and other stuff but I just remember the predator/prey balance that is absolutely necessary. If I had chickens, it would be different. I hate chickens.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/31/07 06:31 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP