Richard,

I would like to be on record stating that all types of aeration have their place. Deep water, shallow water, canals, cold water, deicing and even hypolimnetic and not to forget the ozone technology.

We have found using our diffusers positive ORP readings after installation, 2-3 mg/l oxygen levels in the "slurry/water" interface and orthophos readings below detectible levels once ORP was met. I think I speak for Vertex as well saying they have experienced the same results.

Yes the goal in wastewater is to stir the liquor to increase oxidation, but they are using blowers capable of 200cfm +, our compressors are only capable of 8.8cfm maximum. A big difference in the volume of air. We also use regulating valves to control the flow to each diffuser and not an "un-controled" release of air.

These diffusers are being used in a different application to gently circulate the entire water body and not "violently" create turbulent water flows. When diffusers that are designed and sized properly and not over or worse, undersized, the nutrients will be locked up in the sediments.

SOTE is a great measurement for individual diffuser performance, but it can not be the only limiting factor in making an informed decision on what type of diffuser to use. We use gpm and turnover rates because that is a number that most are familuar with. We do keep the OTE as a design perameter when sizing systems.