Originally Posted By: Shorty
Probably not, having been shot once by a Crossman pellet gun I am pretty sure the answer is NO, the penetration was a little over an inch without going through any water first. They are powerful enough to kill a bullfrog sitting on the bank, just don't let your friend try and shoot the frog in the air while you toss it his way, you might get shot. ;\)

Air rifles are a case of ya get what ya pays for. A standard Crossman bought say at Walmart for under $100 won't have much velocity (under 500fps). If you spring for a better air rifle you can get them with a velocity of over double that (1,000 fps and up).

I bought a Remington that packs a fairly good punch. I can tell you that I sure wouldn't want to get hit by it.

But as usual I digress, Cecil what about some kind of scare tactic. In various catalogs that I get I have found pistol like things that make lots of noise to scare birds (might tee off neighbors though) can use legally use one of those to scare off the birds?

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)