Thanks again for the prop's, guys.
Burger,
I don't know what kind of exposure Menards has in your 'hood, but they are my home improvement store of choice. Yeah, we have Homey and Lowes, but Menards almost always has the price and their service blows the rest of 'em away.
I don't know the exact history (and not going to google it), but I believe John Menard started making metal buildings out of Eau Claire WI. Then he started expanding to the point that their larger mega home-centers have appliances and a food section (?!?) I think they also own a green treating plant for their treated lumber.
Their metal roofing and trusses that I use get shipped to the store from Midwest Manufacturing. WRT vinyl siding, I think that choosing that stuff ranks right up there with picking out the right bed mattress. The stuff I used is branded Timber Ridge . It's .046" thick and has a heavier hem at the nailing point. I like it; not too flimsy. They also have some strking premium colors; a few choices above the standard variations of tan, clay, gray, and white. All the soffit stuff is generic; not sure the name or brand (might be Abtco...?).