Sounds cool to me Rocky. My fathers house on Tawakoni faced out south towards the dam with seven miles of open water. With the southern winds there was almost always some nice white caps in the evening. When I was 18 to 20 I had this leaky air matress (couldn't afford the $2 bucks for a new one) that I would paddle out about a mile or two towards the dam and ride the white caps back in. My father thought I was taking risks because I had to keep blowing it up during the paddle out and the ride in. I don't know what the problem was, I kept the air valve up next to my mouth.

He told that story to anyone he could find to listen to until he died when I was in my late forties. But it takes a lot to embarrase me. He had about that size johnboat too, I rowed all over that lake. Oh for the wind I had then, the difference between 170 and 275 and 30 something years of chain smoking does make a difference! I had a friend and our clearance was about the same. Damn Wolfe, at least y'all were on a river close to the banks, we got out miles from land with white caps. Some people just have no sense of adventure! ;\)

Brazos is pretty out there. Every hear of Fife? It's a sign on a FM and not sure but think maybe one house. About 20 miles north of Brady. Went deer hunting out there once. Dry but once into the brush, amazingly pretty country.

I wish I had the tenacity of GSF!