Pond is Maturing!

Been a while since I uploaded any pics! The first pic is a snapping turtle I caught in my fyke net a few days ago.....not sure I want them in my pond at this point. The next pic is supposed to show some fingerling LMB next to my dock and the next to pics are fingerling LMB I caught in the net this morning.....along with a bunch of 1 inch bullhead and a few 3-4 inch bluegill.

My pond has been a challenging process to me. It was dug five years ago and filled four years ago. I originally stocked it with BG and minnows. Then the dam washed away and we thought it was all for not so we restocked it. Fast forward to last year and we realized we had bullhead.....lots of bullhead. So I added 140 3-4 inch LMB, and started fishing. We've caught nearly 1,000 bullhead in the past year and this summer I've netted many swarms of bullhead spawn. But I've been nervous because I have not seen any evidence of the bass. I caught a 4 incher in a cast net a month ago and that was it.

Until today. I checked the fyke net after church and had about a dozen fingerling LMB, a few fathead minnows, and a bunch of the 1 inch bullhead. I guess that means the LMB I stocked last year spawned.!

Big thanks to NEDoc for all the advice he's given me!
Last edited by Golfnut; 07/17/16 09:57 PM.