Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,133
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,422
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
11 members (Theo Gallus, jpsdad, Boondoggle, Sunil, Bill Cody, Augie, Jason D, PRCS, Shorthose, Brett B, Layne), 945 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
my tractor.jpg
J
Lunker
Kubota B6100E for around pond

I can finally stop killing CList cheapy lawn mowers. Came with finish mower and a sprayer; so I can treat the hook snagging water primrose in my fishing spots next year.
6 Comments
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey Jeff, that's pretty handy looking.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I discovered little Japanese diesel tractors about a dozen years ago, after a lifetime of fighting/fixing/cursing older American made gasoline-engine farm/utility tractors. When my last Ford 8-N rolled out of the yard, I swore I'd never buy another tractor that was as old as me, or even nearly as old as me. My first Japanese tractor was an awful looking Yanmar 17 hp two-cylinder diesel. But as awful as it looked, and at half-the horsepower of most gasoline tractors I'd had, it would outwork everyone of them, and with about 1/4 the fuel. It is absolutely amazing what these little tractors are capable of doing. You'll love it.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
J
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
J
I was looking at Yanmars when this one came along. Have a dealer 10 minutes away, a place that rents implements 15 minutes away(no need to buy that $1500 once a year tiller), and it fits through the fence gate at my home so I don't need to leave it unsecured at the property smile.

E
E
Nice looking rig there. I have been looking at Yanmar's too. There's a place in Ga that sells reconditioned ones with 3 implements and a 16' trailer for $6995.

Jeffrey, you can't beat that about renting implements. I agree, it's a shame to spend $$ on a tiller or box blade that you'll use a handful of times.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm certainly far from an expert, but I've been playing with tractors for more than a half-century. It doesn't matter whether you prefer green, red, orange, blue, or whatever . . .

The compacts and utilities made in Japan are nearly indestructible. South Korea also makes some fantastic tractors. I highly respect all of these tractors. My present tractor has an Indian name, but it is 100% American-Japanese. (Names don't mean much anymore. Kind of like my last Ford being made in Mexico, and my current Toyota truck being made in California)

The big thing is to not get hung up on names or colors. Most sub-compact, compact, utility, and medium-size farm tractors under 50 hp are all made by just a small number of companies, under many names and colors.

We had a "gentleman" (and I use that word loosely) at our home recently who was subtly saying some rather derogatory things about my little "foreign" tractor that was assembled in Texas, has wheels and tires from Ohio, and has a Kansas built loader and backhoe. He was bragging about his 1980s "American" green tractor. When he told me the model and year, I made the mistake of telling him his tractor was actually a Yanmar built in Japan.

Before I got my current multi-national tractor, I had an Allis- Chalmers. It was identical, except for paint colors and decals, to a number of other old American big-name tractors. It was completely manufactured by Hinomoto in Japan.

There are few small to medium sized utility tractors (approx 14 to 50 hp) these days that are anything less than excellent. The newer 4-WD models are nearly indestructible. Most will run for at least 5000 hours without significant maintenance, other than oil changes, lube, and filter changes.

For anybody thinking about a tractor like this -- please don't mix up a 15-25 hp lawn/garden tractor with a 15-25 hp utility tractor. There is no comparison. There is literally a ton of difference.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
E
E
Catmandoo, I'm gonna look you up in the spring when I get into that market. We just bought a property with 7 acres. 1/2 of it is lawn-grass, the other half is pasture-esque.

Rather than buying a zero-turn just for the lawn portion, I'm thinking a small utility tractor would be handy.

Been looking at this place in Ga, have heard good reviews. The tractors are reconditioned, that much I do know.

http://www.spaldingtractors.com/

Anyways, I know very little about tractors in regards to regular preventative maintenance. I grew up driving an 8N but didn't know anything about it except how to drive it and bush-hog.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
pond experience needed
by FishinRod - 03/29/24 10:13 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 09:57 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 09:19 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday