Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
lafarmpondguy, bmo, TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7
18,510 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,981
Posts558,174
Members18,511
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,565
ewest 21,505
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
11 members (DPSMESA, Boondoggle, Augie, Sunil, FireIsHot, Theo Gallus, JoshMI, andrew davis, Brian from Texas, LeighAnn, Shorthose), 987 guests, and 198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Hey Folks. I am brand new to Pond Boss. I have been researching fish feeders to replace my old AquaPro which is rusting out. I came across this American Feeder H125. It is made of aluminum and has a lot of features included in the price (battery, solar charger, etc.). However, there are no reviews as of yet. Does anybody out there know anything about these? I would purchase another AquaPro but I am not sure if they are still being manufactured. Right now, my choice to replace my old feeder would be a Texas Hunter. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance. Ken

B
Online Content
B
First I've heard of these guys. I saw an MSRP of 1,000 on their website but no actual pricing making me think you have to buy from a dealer.

Reportedly has a tilt base which might make it interesting for bank mount applications.

Also on the website it looks like there are two larger models which are not available yet. This is a new start up company just getting products out?

No throw pattern listed. Any idea how far and wide these units throw food?

I have a TH bank mount. Shipped same day I ordered. Changed my mounting legs after I ordered which were shipped same day I ordered again. TH is very good on the customer service side and stands behind their products well from my experience.

How did you hear about them?

Welcome to Pond Boss.

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
We've sold many different brands of feeders, but only sell Texas Hunter now. The robustness and reliability of them is second to none. Sure, they may have a problem or two, but nothing like all the other feeders we've sold, PLUS if you do have to work on it it is very easy to do so. The AquaPro feeders that I've had to work on are held together inside with duct tape. I've even put a TH timer in an AquaPro feeder.

For us Lake Managers, Texas Hunter makes a model that holds 100# of fish food.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted by esshup
We've sold many different brands of feeders, but only sell Texas Hunter now. The robustness and reliability of them is second to none. Sure, they may have a problem or two, but nothing like all the other feeders we've sold, PLUS if you do have to work on it it is very easy to do so. The AquaPro feeders that I've had to work on are held together inside with duct tape. I've even put a TH timer in an AquaPro feeder. (with the help of highflyer because I'm electrically challenged)

For us Lake Managers, Texas Hunter makes a model that holds 100# of fish food.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
S
S
I would buy another brand... IF TH was no longer available. Until then, TH it is. It's the one thing on my property that just continues to do what it was made to do-well.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
I’m testing the American Feeder now. My two TH are 15 and 9 years old all original parts. Until my AF is at least that old it’s hard to fairly compare.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

W
OP Offline
W
I was looking on the internet for a replacement for my old Aquapro. I came across the American Feeder H 125. I found a telephone number for their sales manager and called him. We had a very informative conversation about the company and the feeder itself. His name is Matt Swainback at (971) 292-8827. I like this unit because it is made of aluminum and only weighs 37 pounds empty and will not rust. I do like the fact the Texas Hunters are well made and have a great reputation. I called them and immediately got a live person to talk to. I am convinced their support system is good. On a positive note, I got my Aquapro working so as long as it slings food, I am going to keep using it.

W
OP Offline
W
Could you keep us up to date on your testing of the American feeders? Thanks.

J
J
While on the feeder conversation. I bought 2 TH feeders about a month ago. The feed time is delayed about an additional :15 every day. (so 30 days in, what was 7:20 feed time is now 7:27). I called TH and they said they had never heard of this issue before. Send them back and we will look in to it.
Well I finally just got the fish to react to the feeding, No way I'm taking 10-15 days off. Anyone ever heard of this issue before ?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jason D
While on the feeder conversation. I bought 2 TH feeders about a month ago. The feed time is delayed about an additional :15 every day. (so 30 days in, what was 7:20 feed time is now 7:27). I called TH and they said they had never heard of this issue before. Send them back and we will look in to it.
Well I finally just got the fish to react to the feeding, No way I'm taking 10-15 days off. Anyone ever heard of this issue before ?

Ask for a replacement timer and send the defective one back.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Doug_Basberg, GDarby, Keith C.
Recent Posts
Bluegill Only Pond???
by DPSMESA - 05/03/24 10:49 AM
Swimming Pond Center Fun Ideas
by Theo Gallus - 05/03/24 10:04 AM
New Pond owner -- fish growth rate question
by Sunil - 05/03/24 07:21 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by RAH - 05/02/24 08:02 PM