Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Finnbear, Chucks Landscape, hijklm031495, Dalton Dowdy, Shannon Luthi
15124 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15125 Members
36 Forums
34961 Topics
478145 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24014
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19078
Dave Davidson1 13172
Theo Gallus 12337
Who's Online
19 registered (Bob Lusk, RAH, Chris Steelman, Dam'dWaters, Shorty, Bordersgent, David Jeffrey, DrLuke, rjackson, bucks n beaks, Daniel Powell, teehjaeh57, Theo Gallus, RER, Zep, Bobbss, wbuffetjr, Matzilla, ewest), 170 Guests and 407 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#485406 - 01/19/18 02:53 PM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bob Lusk]
LeighAnn Offline

Loc: Whitesboro TX
Canyoncreek.... if you scroll down to about mid-way on the home page, you will see my most recent posts. I believe the Facebook Live videos are color-coded in a reddish color.
Let me know if that works for you.

#485467 - Yesterday at 11:05 AM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bob Lusk]
Bob Lusk Online   content
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker

Loc: Whitesboro, Texas
Wednesday's Topic: Tweaking your Fish Stocking Rates.

Do you need to stock some fish? Is your pond's fishery out of whack? Need adjusting? We'll talk about the 'tried and true' stocking methods as well as some of the cutting edge science behind the art of stocking a pond.

Tune in to our Pond Boss page on Facebook at 6:30 CST Wednesday evening. Send your questions in advance to info@pondboss.com or ask them live as we have some fun in our next live broadcast.

If you can't make it for the live version, it will be archived on the Facebook page, and then uploaded to youtube when LeighAnn gets to it. After the broadcast, I'll add a link in this thread to the Facebook event. After LeighAnn uploads to youtube, she'll link in through the Pond Boss website, too.

#485480 - Yesterday at 04:42 PM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bob Lusk]
Bill Cody Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: Northwest Ohio - Malinta OH
Pond Boss, work into the Wednesday night Facebook Live broadcast: Pond owners,,,, don't forget when you see a need to restock some fish, ask yourself why is the fishery in decline? What is causing the problem? What is out of balance causing a need for more fish? Is it habitat, mismanagement, improper harvest, lack of growth, is it a new species that could change the dynamics of the current fishery? What should be fixed or adjusted before adding new fish? A well planned numbers adjustment may be needed before adding more fish. Will new fish cause too much competition or upset the food chain-food web? Just adding new fish may not solve your underlying problem. Thus the new fish may not survive well enough to improve angler success unless some prior adjustments are made!

Edited by Bill Cody (Yesterday at 08:08 PM)
Edit Reason: Added few new words

#485489 - Yesterday at 08:05 PM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bob Lusk]
Daniel Powell Online   content

Loc: Maxton, NC
Hey Bob,
I see the subject changed since my email. Feel free to hold off on my questions until you get into water quality or vegetation subjects at a later date.
Looking forward to this one as well!

#485495 - Yesterday at 09:28 PM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bob Lusk]
Bill Cody Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: Northwest Ohio - Malinta OH
In addition to my post above. Introducing fish for forage is usually only a short term solution. There is probably a reason for the scarcity of forage fish. If you do not improve habitat conditions stocking with forage fish will only temporarily increase their numbers. Often forage fish added to existing fisheries will be eaten quickly, and the scarcity will return. You are better off to improve habitat conditions for forage fish so that their survival and spawning success can produce a steady source of food for the gamefish. Improve the habitat, create refuges, and maybe selectively reduce predatory pressures and forage fish numbers will naturally increase. This is a basic wildlife management method.

Edited by Bill Cody (Yesterday at 09:29 PM)

#485508 - Today at 01:14 PM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening [Re: Bill Cody]
ewest Online   content
Hall of Fame 2014

Lunker

Loc: Miss.
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
and maybe selectively reduce predatory pressures and forage fish numbers will naturally increase. This is a basic wildlife management method.

A must IMO - if forage is short and predators are not fat then ^

in conjunction with other steps noted by Bill !!!!

Edited by ewest (Today at 01:14 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Today's Birthdays
jimmy s.
Recent Posts
Just bought 10 Acres with a sand pit. WTD?
by RAH
22 minutes 0 seconds ago
What is your monthly feeding rate?
by ewest
Today at 01:23 PM
Facebook Live Wednesday evening
by ewest
Today at 01:14 PM
2018 Pond Boss Family Fishing Photos
by ewest
Today at 01:09 PM
Toxicity of Yellow perch eggs.
by RAH
Today at 12:21 PM
Core trench depth??
by RAH
Today at 12:16 PM
New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo.
by Bobbss
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Stocking Plan,Possibly Using Advance Sizes
by Bobbss
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Snappers Under the Ice
by RAH
Yesterday at 02:11 PM
Wanting to add Yellow Perch to my pond.
by ewest
Yesterday at 01:25 PM
Newly Uploaded Images