Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985
18,501 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,962
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 824 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
The same NH TC45D that I asked about a month ago has dropped from $22K to $17K.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/images/Tractor/fullsize/74539847.jpg

4 WD, 72" box blade, hydro, 726 hours, 2005, imperial trailer included.

Is it starting to look like a better value now?

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Thats a nice tractor! I spent several months of research and NH was on the top of the list. I actually bought a 2007 Kubota L3540 Grand with quick attach front loader, loaded tires, HLA HD37 forks, Land Pride disc harrow, 6ft box blade, 6ft back blade and a used 14K trailer for around 36K. If it wasn't for the fact that this Kubota has so many advanced features and commands a higher resale value, I probably would have chosen a comparable NH or Massey Ferguson. Addicted to tractors - Me Too!!!

Pond Girl --- Land Pride makes some really nice stuff, very well built and affordable. Also look at Horst Welding out of Canada, also good quality at good prices. Do you have a quick attach front bucket on your loader? If so, the 4,000lb forks, I have found to be quite a valuable asset. Picking up stuff like pallets , trees, stumps, rocks and broken concrete are much easier than with a bucket and it's quite a bit cheaper than adding a grapple attachment with hydraulics. Enjoy your tractors!!!

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
GW. IF THAT IS THE SAME ONE HERE IN MY AREA THE FELLA NEVER ANSWERD MY CALLS LITTLE HARD TO SELL IFIN YA DONT RETURN PHONE CALLS.

FROM RODEO TO STANDIN AROUND WATCHIN THE FISH EAT
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
Thanks for the effort letsrodeo. I called him today and the tractor is sold.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Here is another thing to add to the list. This is a scraper that we have used to help fix our roads. We had 100 tons gravel delivered Friday afternoon and had 300 yards of road completed in 5-6 hours of working on it.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
Sweet. How many horses in that green tractor?

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
 Originally Posted By: GW
Sweet. How many horses in that green tractor?

53 HP, I believe. It is a John Deere 5105, 2002 model. Bought it on ebay for 18,000 last spring. It only had 180 hours when we got it.

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Newest addition to the family - http://www.dovebid.com/assets/display.asp?ItemID=fac7853 - I only have to go pick it up. 2002, 1111.8 hrs, 105hp Perkins which are very good engines. I have a Cat V50DSA pneumatic tired fork truck with a 67hp Perkins, and that will move more dirt than my New 2007 Kubota L3540. As long as you don't get it stuck. Auction tips and tricks to follow. If anyone is interested.

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
 Originally Posted By: GW
When you all recommend a 32 - 40 horse tractor, do mean gross HP or PTO HP?

Also, does a new tractor lose value to the same degree that a car does the moment you buy it?

Actually GW, If you buy a new tractor the value is going to be like a sine wave to a degree, and if it is kept properly, the value will hold, if not go up. Just don't buy something made in China or India, or Grey market stuff coming from Asia. ---- HP depends on what you want to do, and how fast you need to do it in. What do you really need and what do you want to spend? or pay for? Difference here. High Quality and Operational ease are big factors. My Kubota is at my sisters house and they give me 62.50/hr to use it, plus they buy the fuel. Cheaper than renting because I have all the Implements that are required. They could use it for free, but insist on paying.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Thanks for the info Phil in MI - I'll check it out.
Here are my hubby's 'toys'. I wonder what's next???

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Good start Pond Girl. Tools, machinery, implements and other toys seem to breed like rabbits in my world.

GW, when I last went tractor shopping, I found that all new tractors are rated by engine HP, not at PTO. There may be exceptions.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
P
Lunker
Lunker
P
HI, DD1 and GW,
Usually everything is marketed and sold on Gross HP, However, if you look at the spec. sheet, you will discover the PTO power, and it varies quite a bit about makes and models that have similar Gross HP. It's all about the mechanical efficiency that transmit the engine resources to the PTO. Some are better than others at first start, Now how long will it last!!! --- Can somebody show how to post pictures on this website??? Thanks, Phil

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Thanks Pond Girl, but I would never impose that much unfinished stuff on anyone!!! Hubby needs to have a leash, and you have to kick some butt, But don't get rid of the Kubota!!!

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
 Originally Posted By: Phil in MI

Usually everything is marketed and sold on Gross HP, However, if you look at the spec. sheet, you will discover the PTO power, and it varies quite a bit about makes and models that have similar Gross HP.

Our John Deere has 53 Gross HP and I believe 50 PTO HP.

Originally Posted By: Phil in MI
Can somebody show how to post pictures on this website??? Thanks, Phil

This link will show you how to post photos.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92443#Post92443

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Dang Pond Girl's beau has better toys than me....

Classic Pontiacs - 2, JHAP - 0

Boats - 2, JHAP - 2 (if I get to count the kayak)

What looks like an air boat - 1, JHAP - 0

Tractor - 1, JHAP - 0

Huge barn/garage 1, JHAP - dinky little barn

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
P
Lunker
Lunker
P
HI Chris,
Thanks for the info on how to post pictures.

JD has some of the best equipment on the planet and the efficiencies of transmitting GHP to operational HP are excellent. Problem is that JD, like the big 3 have mandated that tier level suppliers utilize China as a source to cut costs. I have a video of an operation in China that you would not believe!!! I tried to pop it on here, but that didn't work. I will forward it to Cecil and see if he can do anything with it. Phil

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
HI JHAP,
Never go to the grocery store hungry, otherwise you might walk out with a bunch of stuff that will never be used. Eyes see it, Heart desires it, and if it is not Organic, then you have to build a pole barn to put it in, and keep it in, until it becomes organic.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
JHAP
the 68 Firebird was my hubby's when he was a teenager. many many years ago! Gave it to a younger brother, then got it back a few years ago. Can't let that go. The airboat is mine! I never could back a real boat into water, a phobia I have...but I need something I can float around in. The '70 Lemans is my sons. He lives in Little Rock in the city and has no place to store it. I told my hubby the next toy is mine....home remodel!!!yoo hooooo

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey, PG, home remodeling doesn't qualify as a toy. I doesn't go lickety split. Now, I really admire a woman with an airboat. I love those darn things. A friend tokk me down the Brazos River a couple of years ago. It was too low for regular boats. We jumped gravel bars, sand bars and slid sideways through skinny water. What a ball.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
P
Lunker
Lunker
P
This is it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZrntCbVT8 I was told I might get in trouble for posting something about China on this website. But Hey, we live in the USA

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Hey DD1, If Pond Girl says Her next toy is a remodeling job, Then thats what it should be!!! Remember that women can multi task and are not given enough credit, even though they can drop you like a ton of bricks into the ocean, and pick you back out, all while talking on the phone, ya only have the generous window that is allowed. GO Pond Girl!!! And their Hearts are more than satisfied with what they accepted, even if it is not what they initially want. Women are amazing people, pay attention to the good ones and help them fulfill their dreams, because theirs are yours, then you guys have nothing to worry about. So give Pond Girl Her desires to remodel the house. It's only a total win scenario for everyone. Thats the way I see it. Phil

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
I got my heart set on this one. I want a utility vehicle around the farm but I also want to climb mountains in the summer months. I drove a diesel powered 4x4 kubota the other day, diffently a great utility machine but it felt a little top heavy for any extreme ventures in the hills.

You might want to spend some time behind the wheel of one of them before you lay down 12+ . I own two Rangers and IMO the Ranger offers the best of both worlds, trail riding and work and the bench seat is a big +.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Jim thanks for the input. Do you do any serious off roading on the ranger? I'm not talking extreme stuff but fairly steep grades and rocky terrain, 24 in watercrossings, etc... in the high country. I see a lot of Atv's when we go 4 wheeling in Colorado in the truck but I've yet to see any side by sides trail riding. Just curious. I totally agree the ranger is probably the best choice for us sense most of the time it will be use on the farm. My final choice will be mostly based on how my big frame fits in these little buggies. I sit in a rhino at the dealer and the roll cage is about 1 inch from head not good.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
Jim thanks for the input. Do you do any serious off roading on the ranger? I'm not talking extreme stuff but fairly steep grades and rocky terrain, 24 in watercrossings, etc... in the high country. I see a lot of Atv's when we go 4 wheeling in Colorado in the truck but I've yet to see any side by sides trail riding. Just curious. I totally agree the ranger is probably the best choice for us sense most of the time it will be use on the farm. My final choice will be mostly based on how my big frame fits in these little buggies. I sit in a rhino at the dealer and the roll cage is about 1 inch from head not good.

The reason you don’t see a lot of S x S on public trails is because of the 50” rule. If your vehicle is 50” or wider your not allowed on some trails. You might want to check out these sites…a few of them are PB members.
http://www.prcforum.com/
http://utilityoffroad.com/forum/Default.asp

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:15 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:09 PM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away