Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,076
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
14 members (esshup, Requa, Shorthose, Blestfarmpond, DrLuke, JasonInOhio, H20fwler, Theo Gallus, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk, catscratch, Freg, DenaTroyer), 816 guests, and 212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Thanks for the advice. This tractor was owned by my Uncle's Uncle. He passed away last week, heart surgery didn't turn out well. I always feel better about buying 'used' stuff from people I sort of know. He is the second owner of the tractor. First owner was a farmer but I don't know how much he would have used it in farming operations. The gentleman that recently owned it (probably 2-3 years) was an appliance repairman, so I don't think he used it in his job in any way. Probably like my hubby, more of a toy. ha Now that we are getting older, we are starting to want more toys.
After the tractor, he's talking about a 4-wheeler, and a 'large' screen tv.
Thanks again for your thoughts!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I want a 4 wheeler but I'm still making payments on my new L4400 kubota. someday....someday....she will let me have one..."SAD FACE"

Pondgirl Big LCD HD screens are cheap these days, at least let him have one of those it will keep his mind off a four wheeler for at least a week or two. It worked for me until I saw this commerical last week. The engineers were about to release their new 2008 models to the public but had to run them by corporate before hand. Next sceen they were jumping copy machines,desk,file cabinets etc.. pretty well trashed out the coporate head quarters with the new powerful models. I've been thanking about a 4 wheeler ever sense. Darn it

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Don't know how I ever got along without a 4 wheeler or my tractor with a loader. The nice thing about loaders is that it is a back saver and gives a lot of maintenance opportunities that you wouldn't ordinarily tackle.

I drive 70 miles to my land in my pickup, jump on the 4 wheeler and leave the pickup at the house. The pickup is only good for hauling stuff and I guess I could use a trailer. However, I've had pickups all my life and will never change.

Yeah, I know a lot about justifying toys.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I want one of these.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Don't know how I ever got along without a 4 wheeler or my tractor with a loader.

I bought a 4 wheeler as a toy and with the hope of using it to do real work. I am amazed at how useful it really is. Really glad I got it.

Wound up getting one of these trailers from Northern Tool which has made it even more useful.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
...added to list. \:\)

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I got my heart set on this one. I want a utility vehicle around the farm but I also want to climb mountains in the summer months. I drove a diesel powered 4x4 kubota the other day, diffently a great utility machine but it felt a little top heavy for any extreme ventures in the hills.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Somewhere in a post from a forgotten era, I think it was Cary (?) that had some competitive experience with the Ranger VS one or two other side-by-side units. I think one of the field tests was climbing a steep hill. Ranger got 2 big thumbs up.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
I got my heart set on this one.

That's what I'm talking about RT!

I have the wants for a 4 wheeler, a dirt bike, an offroad kart, and a Kubota utility vehicle. That one vehicle would just about take care of everything.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
The razor above is a new line from polaris who also makes the Ranger. The Ranger is a bigger machine and will carry tons more payload than this model. 1500 lb compared to 350 lb. I thank this model is designed more towards off road performance than utility. That's why I'm considering it. Top speed is said to be 55 mph.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bobad,

Are the quotes in your sig. line from Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts?"

If so, then you da man!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
rockytopper, hold off on getting anything for now, I'm thinking about getting everybody one of these.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Now - if he was asking for that, I'd be going to town with him tomorrow! Exactly what "I'm" looking for!

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I may have to post my beat up ole barn fire burnt down honda foreman 4x4 and the dump trailer I have made for it. I have a Yanmar 25hp tractor that I have used the heck out of it is perfect for my 10 acre farm, I have a 5' rotoray mower, a 5' box blade and a angle scraper plus a dang dirt scoop that I cant work worth toot! and I have just added a old 1975 case uniloader to mix of things I need to work on before I cant use them type equipment, but that is my farm budget! I am forced to buy things that I can work on and fix rather than buy something that is in good running order.

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Using any kind of front end loader, for quite some time, can be a real character builder. It looks simple but it isn't. Instruction manuals don't help. Then, one day it works. I never figured out when I learned how. It's more a sense of feel.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
trailsguy, I wish I had more skill at maintaining and repairing engines and machinery. I'd love to see pics of your stuff.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
Bobad,

Are the quotes in your sig. line from Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts?"

If so, then you da man!

Yep! Here's 1 that Handy wrote especially for us.

"The tired and thirsty prospector threw himself down at the edge of the watering hole and started to drink. But then he looked around and saw skulls and bones everywhere. Uh-oh, he thought. This watering hole is reserved for skeletons." -=Handy=-

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
"If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started."

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
We did it! We bought a 1999 Kubota L2350DT with a Woods front end loader this afternoon. I paid $7,000. I think I could have gotten her down to $6,500, but since she is selling because her husband past away last week, I just wouldn't ask. It has 801 hours! Which kinda scarred me, but we know both owners, and my hubby called the first owner (who put on probably 790 of the hours) and he said it never gave him any trouble. Just needed something bigger on his horse farm. The brush hog had already been sold, so now the search is own for that. Would like to have a blade to grade the drive way a little. What other things can I do around the pond with 'just the right part'?????

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
800 hours is baerly broke in for a kabota i tell everyone ya cant do with out a land scape rake most used tool i have other than the loader i will say again i luv my kabta....

FROM RODEO TO STANDIN AROUND WATCHIN THE FISH EAT
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
How would you go about finding accessories? Someone suggested farm auctions but that might be a little intimidating... Where are other places to find? My hubby said you he was told he could get a 5 foot brush hog from Tractor Supply for $500???

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
TSC is my favorit store for just about all my shopin

FROM RODEO TO STANDIN AROUND WATCHIN THE FISH EAT
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: the pond girl
How would you go about finding accessories? Someone suggested farm auctions but that might be a little intimidating... Where are other places to find? My hubby said you he was told he could get a 5 foot brush hog from Tractor Supply for $500???

IME that price is about right.

For top dressing gravel drives, smoothing out fields, evening and loosening the surface of riding arena, and other tasks, a box blade is just wonderful. Price range is roughly that same as for bush hogs

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
There is another very useful site that I and other pond boss dudes hang out I've noticed and it is
http://www.tractorbynet.com
very friendly forum as well.

takes a bit of navigating through it but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Pond Girl, take a look at farm auctions for equipment. I don't care much for TSC for equipment. It is too lightweight and doesn't seem to hold up very well. No matter where you buy it, farm equipment, even 5 to 6 ft. stuff, has gotten expensive. Ask questions on tractorbynet.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump