Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,957
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
7 members (J. R., FishinRod, Jason D, Perch Pond, Augie, Lumberman1985, catscratch), 1,545 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Red van and light on the top and they were dressed in reflective vests. They were snooping around the pond overflow that dumps into the ditch, looked over the pond, and were looking over the ditch.

I figured they were highway department employees but there were no markings on the van. When I called my contact at the highway department (nice guy and easy to work with) he had no idea who they were.

Background: I have four ponds on the property. A well dumps about 41 gpms of well water into a trout pond on the highest point of the property. That overflows into a second pond which overflows underground into the last pond, which is close to the highway. What doesn't seep out of the ponds or evaporates ends up in the highway ditch. I'd say about 20 gpms.

As far as I know I am not violating any laws and I do pay ditch taxes. But this makes me nervous. They didn't have any no interest in coming up to the house and asking any questions.

Some do gooder apparently turned me into the Indiana Water division last year because they thought I was pumping empty the aquifer. (We can pump up to 2000 gpms in some places here). The guy that called me from the division was friendly, and as soon as he found out I was pumping out less than 70 gpms he wasn't interested.

I don't have the funds nor the inclination to fight this in court if it came to that.

Thoughts?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Cecil, what exactly happens to the water after it hits the highway ditch?

This sort of stuff is a little creepy.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Cecil, what exactly happens to the water after it hits the highway ditch?

This sort of stuff is a little creepy.
It flows parallel to the highway about 100 feet then under the highway into a larger ditch, which eventually makes it's way to a creek, then a river, another river, and then Lake Michigan. I doubt water quality would be a problem as it's crystal clear in the last pond and has had nutrient uptake by three ponds. Didn't see anyone taking a water sample.

I do know some farmers pump out of the ditch for irrigation water so it's actually benefical to them.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
My experience says that there may be a busy body, who's looking for something to complain about, and contacted a local agency to check on you. Maybe somebody who got their feet wet when they were wandering around in the ditch. :rolleyes:

I'll bet it just blows over. Keep us informed.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:
Red van and light on the top and they were dressed in reflective vests. They were snooping around the pond overflow that dumps into the ditch, looked over the pond, and were looking over the ditch.

I figured they were highway department employees but there were no markings on the van. When I called my contact at the highway department (nice guy and easy to work with) he had no idea who they were.
All your UFO observations, and reporting on same, have attracted unknown agents from an unnamed agency in an unmarked van. Break out the tinfoil hats, and repeat after me: "It was light from the planet Venus reflected off some swamp gas emitted by a weather balloon."

If they show up again, Cecil, go down and ask them who the heck they are and what they're doing. After calling the neighbors to keep an eye on you while it happens. Just in case.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:

All your UFO observations, and reporting on same, have attracted unknown agents from an unnamed agency in an unmarked van. Break out the tinfoil hats, and repeat after me: "It was light from the planet Venus reflected off some swamp gas emitted by a weather balloon."

If they show up again, Cecil, go down and ask them who the heck they are and what they're doing. After calling the neighbors to keep an eye on you while it happens. Just in case.
Wow Theo no wonder no one every wants to admit to seeing a UFO. \:D

Yes if they show up again I will ask them if I can be of any assistance or answer any questions.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
The "official deal" is, when someone needing a LIFE decides to mess with YOURS, the agency taking the report HAS to (so-called) "Investigate" just so they can say they "investigated" the complaint... But appreciate these "official" investigaters. You never know when you might get paranoid and suspicious of your very own neighbor that might just be out after midnight breaking a serious law. After all, here in Origun, you can't keep more than a 1/4 acre "green" without a $$metered$$ well, and suffice it to say, we have our own un-marked vans running around meassuring the nicer looking yards... Me? I caved and went with the "Dried Up Weeds" Motiff, but the van guys know that I have bigger plans for all that extra pond water. I am currently developing a strain of hybrid "brown grass" just for this area of Origun, but I know I'm being watched... \:\)

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I love the quote:

"Just Because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me!"

\:D \:D \:D

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I happen to know that they ARE out to get me. The voices in my head told me so... ;\)

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Cecil,
Probably some newbie fish breeders trying to find the secret to Giant YP & Trout.

20 acres of trees & 3/4 acre pond.

"Home of the future Texas state HSB record for Private ponds"
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Double-Camp:
I happen to know that they ARE out to get me. The voices in my head told me so... ;\)
And the voices in my head agree! \:D

See any UFO's lately?
\:D

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by BarO:
Cecil,
Probably some newbie fish breeders trying to find the secret to Giant YP & Trout.
Well they're not going to learn anything by looking in the ditch. :p

Maybe they're hoping some of those superbreed perch fry are getting loose! Maybe they heard about Bruce's gills? \:D

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
not since '93

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Wolfe:
not since '93
UFO's?

Tell us about it Keith! Just remember Theo's going to make fun of you! :rolleyes:

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
That's ok, I don't talk about it much because you tend to get that reaction. He can make fun...he's been nice before. I'll find the link to my report. You guys are going to give me a hard time. I must be a glutton for punishment. Remember how I had looked into the weird stuff the goverment studied when y'all were talking about dowsing? This event turned me from a wrestling jock into an astronomy nerd at the age of 18.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Reynolds stock is a 'buy'. There's gonna be a run on tin foil.

It's either a streetlight or the 7th planet from the sun.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
Reynolds stock is a 'buy'. There's gonna be a run on tin foil.

It's either a streetlight or the 7th planet from the sun.
It's already started. Another nonbeliever. :rolleyes:

Maybe Burgermeister is really not from earth and just wants to cover it up?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
I don't think the military is testing aircraft over Dallas County in Richardson, TX at that low of altitude but I guess it's possible.

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
if you didn't catch it, go see your own. There's really no point to it and don't want to hijack your thread.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Wolfe:
if you didn't catch it, go see your own. There's really no point to it and don't want to hijack your thread.
Keith,

You can hijack my thread any day. I hope you don't think I was making fun of you because I wasn't. It was satisfying just getting responses which made me feel better.

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. It's all good. I just know how these conversations go since Iv'e had 15 years of experience with this topic since my sighting. It was pretty dang close and personal, not some star off in the distance. It has effected the way I veiw the world and has many implications you may never consider until you see something like that. I can understand the nervous jokes and I don't take insult. I think I did the same thing before I had a firsthand experience. Most of us here call a poor executed/resurected jew that lived 2000 years ago savior so we all hold some supernatural beliefs. I'm sure the same thing I saw has been interpreted as a angel or sign from God. Before science was the basis for knowledge it was religion and everything was filtered thru ones spiritual beliefs. I do think these topics are more closely related than most might think but that's just my personal opinion.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I am interested in this report....where's the link ?? Why should we be the only inhabitants of a planet??

K
Lunker
Lunker
K
ok, why not. Here you go:

http://ufoevidence.org/sightings/report.asp?ID=7835

hope you guys will still help with my pond and won't think I'm crazy.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I did read it, before you deleted. Sounds very real. Was this in a residential neighborhood? Was the low humming sound loud enough that it would wake and startle anyone in their homes? Were there any reports from the neighborhood to this effect? Did anyone check into the Parks dept. at who was on that shift...in that neighborhood, and question them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 04/25/24 03:24 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Lumberman1985 - 04/25/24 03:01 PM
Low Alkalinity
by ewest - 04/25/24 02:13 PM
Howdy from West Central Louisiana