Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kendal, BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS
18,531 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,014
Posts558,527
Members18,531
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,513
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,160
Who's Online Now
3 members (Fishingadventure, Shorty, Bigtrh24), 531 guests, and 373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
This post is two years in the making. Two years of obsessive reading this forum at least 4 nights a week. Two years of compulsive pond talk to my wife and all of my friends, and two years of laying in bed at night thinking then dreaming of pond ideas. Most of you know what I am talking about. My life has changed after turning a life long dream into reality. My only regret is that I didn't take more pictures early on.

I think that I finally figured out how to post pictures so... here goes.

Sequential pictures pretty much tell the story. Pat yourselves on the back, this is the result of what WE as a group built. Thank you Pond Boss!

Behold... Lake Big Dock

2008, 2011 & 2012 conference attendee.
Striving to be the person that my dog already thinks I am.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Well done; BRAVO! That is one nice slice of tranquility, eh? I wanted to start complimenting each facet, but realized that my fingers would fail before I got to the middle of the list. The entire package shows planning and execution to the n'th degree (love the focal point white oak!)
Congrats, Blaine...ya made it home!

Lunker
Lunker
Gorgeous.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
C
C
That's fantastic, I really like what you have created.

B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
Thanks Brettski & Theo. That white oak is over 4' in diameter at the trunk and could not have been placed any better. The dept of soil & conservation said that it could be the largest in the county. They suggested that I list it with the Dept of Forestry (or something like that). I opted out. Even though I'll protect it for life, I don't need any crazy historical regulation put on my property. If it was the biggest around... Could there be any benefit to listing it?

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Very well done and managed. A slice of heaven.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
Sweet.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
The pond looks awesome! Going to make a great home site. Good luck with the construction.

You have the world at your fingertips
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Congrats it's beautiful.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
VERY NICE!!

I especially like all the trees around the water and how it creates it's own environment. I have on idea what the rest of the land looks like, or your area, but that spot is pure heaven!!!!

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Very nice Blaine but you're going to need a bigger dock and few more chairs when "WE" come to celebrate with ya.

Really like the stone border.

Lunker
Lunker
Dreams really do come true!! BEAUTIFUL! I hope your wife enjoys it as much as you do.

Chris
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Blaine,

Beautiful pond! Congratulations on making your dream a reality.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Wow Blaine, what else can be said. Your pond is stunning, the dock looks great. I can just imagine the memories that will be made there. Congratulations.

Oh and by the way, I like the photo of the gun leaning against the post with the no trespassing sign.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Russ:
Very nice Blaine but you're going to need a bigger dock and few more chairs when "WE" come to celebrate with ya.

Really like the stone border.
Russ,

Funny you mention bigger dock and chairs in the same sentence. The next addition to the dock will be bench seats mounted at the sides between the middle and furthest posts. There will also be a high speed wireless router on one post for those "office days" and PB forum surfing while relaxing on the boat. Notice the early pictures showed rails (they were removable). Unfortunately, a combination of settling and miscalculation on the waterline forced me to raise that entire deck 18" at a rate of 1" increments with log chains and a load binder. All by myself.

I just finished the stone with the help from one friend a couple weeks ago. Almost 60 tons of rip rap loaded by hand onto a small loader, dumped, then spread by hand again. My back and shoulder are just now feeling back to normal. Doing it myself gives me a sense of accomplishment that I will remember and talk about for life.

I hope that some of you do come to celebrate someday. Open invitation to Pond Boss "subscribers". Without subscribers there would be no Pond Boss. Without Pond Boss, there would be no Lake Big Dock.

We break ground on the new house this coming Friday. There will be a large deck approx 100' behind the dock maximizing the view with an outdoor fireplace. Maybe even a future zip line from deck to other side of lake. If my wife gives the green light that is.

Oh, did I mention that my good neighbor "Cliff Carley" is an Elk farmer. Don't hear of those very often in Indiana but listening to them bugle in the fall is icing on the cake.

B
bz Offline
Lunker
Lunker
B
That's one of the prettiest ponds I've seen. It was always my dream to do a zip line from the deck to the pond. Why did you have to go remind me of that now? I was just starting to get some rest.

Gotta get back to fishin!
B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by bz:
That's one of the prettiest ponds I've seen. It was always my dream to do a zip line from the deck to the pond. Why did you have to go remind me of that now? I was just starting to get some rest.
It gets better bz... [DISCLAIMER] Please do not try this at home. I do not endorse this, as partaking in this activity will most likely result in death (sooner or later). Boy, would this be some good fun though.

Here is a wreckless twist that was immediatly squashed by my sensible princess. A tether strap to the roller assembly attached to a shotgun. Blasting targets on the dam as you zip across the water just before releasing and plummeting into the drink. All while the shotgun stays dry ready to be retracted for another run. Not to be mixed with drinking or it will be sooner THAN later.

Lunker
Lunker
Reminiscent of "Skeet Surfin'" by Nick Rivers in the movie Top Secret!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Blaine I have bought steaks from Farley's and you can tell him they where the best steaks I have ever ate. I make a trip to Elwood about every three weeks for work, actually I am going next week, it's about time for some more steaks. What part of IN do you Live?

Donnie

1 Acre pond in Central KY
CNBG or BG?,CC,& LMB
B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
DonJovi,

Currently, I live in Noblesville which is about 20 miles South of Elwood. My property and new pond is in extreme NE Hamilton Cnty which is about 5 miles South of Elwood. Cliff Carley has become a good friend/new neighbor of mine and I agree, Elk steak are where it's at. Low fat & cholesteral without sacrificiing the taste.

Cliff has been bit by the pond building bug as well and is in the process of building his own. Our properties actually connect. Let me know when you will be in the area and I'll introduce you to Cliff and give you the pond(s) tour. I will be around only Monday, Friday of next week, and the weekends.

Lunker
Lunker
AWESOME

I also like the shotgun leaning against the no trespassing sign!! Kudos to you sir!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Blaine I usually stay in Nobelsville at the Hampton Inn when I come to town. Looks like I will be there next Wednesday night or Thursday as of right now and off to Dayton OH on Friday, but my schedule changes by the minute. I will know something more definate by 1st part of next week. I would love to take a tour and check out your new pond, if we can make it happen.

Donnie

CNBG or BG?,CC,& LMB
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I almost forgot...I have been to Farleys farm in Atlanta IN, he used to sell steakes there before he opened his place by the main road (Route 37?). He has a neat place.

CNBG or BG?,CC,& LMB
B
Blaine Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
DonJovi,

I am familiar with the Hampton. However, we just got a new Fairfeild Inn at the intersection of 37 & 32 in Noblesville. The rooms are all suites and average in price around $89. I frequently have clients from out of State come to meet with me and I think it is the best value (for what it is worth).

Coincidentally, I am actually traveling to Kentucky on Wednesday returning on Thursday noonish. Toyota is a huge account for me. If you stay over on Thursday evening, I would make time to meet up with you on Friday morning or afternoon. Which ever works best for you. There is a slight possibility that I may be available on Thursday in the 2:30-4 time slot. By the way... It is actually called "Carley's". I told him this morning that we were talking about him on this forum. Who knows, maybe we will be blessed by a cameo appearance. I have been hammering him for weeks to get on this site while he constructs his pond. He is transplanting fish from another pond before establishing any forage for them to eat!! Cliff? Do you have anything to say for yourself? Pretty soon I am going to start transplanting fatheads from LBD to your pond at least to sustain them.

H
H
Blaine,

Thanks!! Your post is very timely as I am in the "cold feet" phase that must affect anyone on the verge of digging a pond. Beautiful place, congrats.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Don Wallace, scott69
Recent Posts
BG sex?
by Bill Cody - 05/16/24 08:50 PM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by RAH - 05/16/24 05:58 PM
Spawn Identification
by Fishingadventure - 05/16/24 05:03 PM