Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS, Ben Davis
18,530 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,014
Posts558,522
Members18,531
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,513
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,159
Who's Online Now
11 members (SSJSayajin, JoshMI, Augie, anthropic, Bennettrand, Kendal, LANGSTER, Sunil, FishinRod, canyoncreek, Theo Gallus), 1,032 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84949 03/30/07 09:40 AM
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
I,ve been waiting exactly 1 yr to see my new pond reach pool level. I still haven't seen pool level yet. These pictures were taken yesterday the level is about 26 inches above pool level.

The 42 inch riser, 30 inch barell is getting a work out.

Even this monster primary spillway wouldn't handle the runoff on this day. I'm standing in the sheet flow in the energency spillway

B-ski the electric turbines are turned on, check out the discarge.

This is a fine example of what a 400 acre watershed can unleash. This is the other watershed that flows behind the dam

The following picture is taken at my home place all spillways are running at max.

This is all good news, now for the Bad, it's suppose to do it again today and tonight.

PLease Bow your heads with me.
Dear Lord I know Iv'e been praying for this day for quite some time. Your blessing are more than I could have ever ask for. I pray that you share this kindness with my other PBFM & friends. Hey men.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
rt, congratulations...I think \:D

My family lives over between Hubbard and Penelope and have had 2 new ponds anxiousily awaiting rain for sometime as well. The 2.5" rain least week saturated the ground, and the 4" one last night filled them. Neither "ran around"(YET!) but both are close. My uncle now has about a 5-6 acre lake behind his house and we can finally start thinking about fish again!!! yippee! I hope to have some pics by tonight from him.

I wonder if Overton has any fish he'd be willin to sell! \:D

It ain't much of story if you don't have pictures!
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
;\)

It's ALL about the fish!
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
I've got tons of fish, but you might want to put a leash on them.

It's ALL about the fish!
Lunker
Lunker
Dang rockytopper, I hope we don't get that much rain here, we are in a flood watch until tomarrow night.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I hope DD1 , heybud and PFF are getting some rain along with all of you who need it. We have had the driest March on records here but the ponds are still brim full and over flowing water.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
You must have been dead center in that storm. We didn't get anything out of it besides allot of thunder, but it's supposed to slide East a bit tonight.

Thanks for the pics, it's amazing what mother nature can unleash!!!!

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Todd, I've been looking at your stocking rates. How much extra to have the leashes on them when you deliver? \:\)

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I went and took a look this morning. I got 3.75 inches in the last week. Two inches came in 2 different slow, soaking rains. Then 1.75 last night. It looks like there are some pretty good rains coming now.

My house pond has come up a little over a foot but is still 5 ft. low. However, water is still flowing in. The one on my other place has come up about 2 ft. and is still about a foot low. Man, I hope both fill. They haven't been full in years. Oh yeah, tornados heading that way.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
\:D \:D You must have bought FMcB a beer.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
No but I did give him a 50 lb. bag of Game Fish Chow.

Another inch of rain since I left there 3 hours ago.

Hey Fatty, where are you?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
We set an all-time record low rainfall total in San Antonio for the month of February. As of today, we set an all-time record high for the month of March. The odds of that are absolutely astronomical. El Nino?

Our pond east of S.A. has been nearly 10 ft. low since last summer, but this month it has raised 3-4 ft. It's good to have the rain. Your place is looking great, rockytopper. It looks like your wait is over. Keep us posted!

P.S.- You've got some serious watershed!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Well my pond has gained at least 2 feet today and the rain isn't over yet. I'm at work now and can't waite to see how close it is to full pool in the morning. Side note: I haven't seen any sign of my fish since I put them in three months ago, besides a few FH floaters. My pond has gained 6 to 8 feet since then. Should I be worried?

brand new, never before used 1/4 acre pond.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Jeesh, ol' Rocky-T has this knack for attracting massive amounts of water. You would make a lousy moderator! Why can't you just settle for average, nominal amounts of water...why does it always have to be this dramatic, "quick, build the ark!" event? :p \:\) Have you been secretly attending the Fatty McButterfeet School of Dance ? \:D
-
-
That is somethin' else, ain't it? I see this kinda stuff and it makes me feel soooo much better about my minimal drainage zone. I'm pretty sure that congrat's are in order...right? Are there any anticipated, calculable damages?

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I wouldn't be too worried yet, Okie. If you put the fish in 3 months ago, that would mean they went in about the first of the year? Unless your water temp. was too cold and the fish weren't acclimated very well prior to release, they should be fine. Did you see them shortly after they were put in? Do you feed? If so, you should see fish within a few weeks. If not, you may not see them for awhile, depending on how hard you're hunting for them. In a 1/4 acre pond, however, it's only a matter of time before you spot them.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
It appears that I got approx 5 to 6 inches today. Dang good thing that I was 6 ft. low and have a lousy runoff area. I have to admit that I'm nervous. All of this came in 3 or 4 hours and it's still coming down.
Good chance that I will leave before dawn and go see both places.

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Dave I waded angle deep in water and black gumbo to get those shots yesterday. I've waited so long to see it full I couldn't help myself. Don't get stuck my friend and watch out for those twisters tonight. I am amazed at the interactive radar. You can zoom down to your exact location and watch the weather coming at you. My sister down in Waco area just missed a close one. I watched the radar play by play while I kept in close contact with her, luckily the rotation was about 1/4 mile from her when it passed. So far to night my prayers have been answered. The big rains are splitting around me but it's going to be a long night.

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Yep congrats are in order. B-ski say it... say it... "You Won RT, You Won RT, your's reached pool before mine". ;\)

You know it was last march when we were building it that we got the last 6 inch down poor in the middle of construction. Maybe it is going to become a annual thing. Global warming I guess.
Al what do you think?

I'm going to start my own moto like the rest of you.

How about?

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Best of luck DD1. Here's hoping you reach full pool also. \:\)

20 acres of trees & 3/4 acre pond.

"Home of the future Texas state HSB record for Private ponds"
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Well, I just got off the phone with my wife and I have a full pond. It was quite a storm we had today. Lots of rain, and a tornado warning. The tornado did not touch down, but the rotation went right over my property. The internet is saying I got about 5 inches in the past 48 hours.
I guess that's why I went from 4 feet below "full" to "full" in two days.

I am feeding my fish, but we are finishing up on building our house and I have not been feeding everyday.

brand new, never before used 1/4 acre pond.
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Ross,wonder if I know your family?I run a lawnmower repair business in hubbard,and know most of the folks around here.
Rocky,Im getting the same watershed you are.I flooded a little last week and now am getting damage.Got5 1/2 in thurs and its still raining.I know we needed rain real bad but this is a bit rediculas.Somebody turn it off for a bit so I can fix my spillway.Ill take some pics and try to post tham tommorow.Hope everyones pond gets full.
Todd please call me this am if possible,Ill be at work if they got the power back on,if not Ill be at home.
TOM G

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
My emergency spillway is still running around this morning. The pictures above don't come close to the scene we had here last night but hey men we survived. The water liked about 2 inches over topping the dam above my house. Looks like all of us here in texas are gitting some of this. I hope all is well with everyone. Eddie & ML it's in you neiborhoods now.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
RT that means your spillway/pipe system is designed and functions as intended. \:\) But 2in is close.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
4 inches here at NASA in the last few hours. Too bad it's all running into the Gulf. How are the reservoirs around Dallas doing? Are the real low ones filling?

RT, what is the site for the interactive radar youre watching?

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
You guys in Texas send some rain my way. I am below normal by 5 inches this year.

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Spawn Identification
by Kendal - 05/16/24 03:49 PM
Pest Control around Pond
by Bennettrand - 05/16/24 02:56 PM
BG sex?
by FishinRod - 05/16/24 02:37 PM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by FishinRod - 05/16/24 02:25 PM
Happy Birthday Bob-O
by Pat Williamson - 05/16/24 07:53 AM
Optimal vs. Purina