Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,901
Posts557,100
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,416
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
12 members (PRCS, FishinRod, Boondoggle, esshup, Layne, Dylanfrely, nvcdl, H20fwler, Bing, Fishingadventure, Angler8689, Sunil), 707 guests, and 200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
C
To all, thank you for such a learning experience. I agree with Greg when I say that one day was not near enough. I did not want it to stop.

I came away with many more questions especially when I had 5 hours to think about them in the truck on the way back home.

Bob, thank you for all your wealth of information and education. You amaze me with your ease of pulling out that information at just the right time. I would like to model myself using the pasion you have for pond management.

Otto, I need to get with you about my Dam problem here. If you recall the plugged pipe that is compromised and is allowing water to pass on the outside of the pipe. I don't want my customer to go through the dam break that you all discussed. Let me know if you have anyone you can suggest up here.

Rick, I look forward to catching up with you next time. Us North Carolinians will have to arrange this up here next time. I have a great venue to do it in.

Deb, you are too critical on yourself, the kissing Gronmies are perfect for your personality. You do know more than you let on. Biology is so much more fun than Manufactured Homes!

Mr. Gilbert, as I mentioned, I will personally come down and istall the system for you and we will work on where and when in the near future. I will work with Greg if you would like.

Greg, great place! Entreprenuership is what makes this country grow. Just like I mentioned with Bob, I try to learn from others who have much more experience than I and I was very impressed with your experience and how you have grown your company. Get with me about the Deer feeders and I will have a binder out your way on Monday.

Ted, you know how much I appreciate your help with the presentation and the detailed information on circuation rates when it was needed. You are like a human calculator. Also thank you for bringing the other equipment for display.

Frank, I will look over your chemisties on Monday and get with you for additional information on your pond.

To all, I thought I had a grasp on general pond management but I learned that I have to increase my knowledge on construction and fisheries. I have the aeration part down pat if anyone left with any questions on that one.

Can't wait until the next one!

F
Frank Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
F
Cary,

Thanks. I am glad you made it home safely. I sent you an email.

When I started organizing the meeting, I never dreamed if would be so fantastic and attendence would be so good!

I agree on the suggestion for 2 days!

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Thanks to all that were involved in putting this togeather.This is an awesome sight and after meeting all the folks at the meeting it is easy to understand why. One thing about folks that enjoy fishing and the great outdoors and that is that we all have similar values when it come to the outdoors and in most cases we are a friendly honest group of people. I had a great time on Saturday and it was my pleasure getting to meet each of you.

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
It's quite humbling to be in the presence of so many thoughtful and passionate people. It's also an honor to be able to share my passion and years on the job training with folks who sincerely care about it. The Georgia meeting was well organized and well rounded. We had lots of information (almost too much to absorb), plenty of humor (look at Deb's photo of yours truly...I really didn't think she would pull the trigger on that one), lots of laughs...but also lots of sincere friendships renewed and made. Pond Boss is a family of friends. Never, in my wildest dreams, in 1991, when McDonald and I conceived this thing did we think it would grow into such a tight knit group.
On a personal note...next I have the honor of meeting Bruce Condello, Dr. Dave Willis, Shorty and some others. Headed to Nebraska tomorrow.
I love this stuff.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
A huge "Group Thanks" goes out to all of you.We enjoyed every minute of it and made the 1200 mile round trip more than worth it as we knew it would.Arrived back in Ohio Sunday late PM with a nite out spent in snowy Jellico TN.If I start with all of the individual "Thanks" that are needed I will may leave someone out and this post will be very very lengthy.So again thanks (Terri is giving you all a group HUG)to all for a time that was filled with more information than one can take in, in one short day. I agree with Bob and the rest of you that to see and feel the passion by everyone about our ponds,tanks and lakes is very special.We made and renewed great friendships with every one of you.The PondBoss family of friends may have ponds in common but appears to me to be such a high quality of people in general that we are fortunate enough to have our love of water give us these opportunities to meet.Thanks again to all of you, Ted & Terri Lea

P
P
Wow!!! What a meeting... I learned more about lakes, ponds, dams, spillways, too much water, too little water, fish, fish habitat, fish structure, fish co-existing, water plants, aeration, lime, fertilization, etc etc on Saturday than I have in the last six years I've been trying to research all this information.

There was so much knowledge and experience in the room, it was just awesome... A big "Thank You" to all who put the meeting together and all who attended. Special thanks to Bob, Mike, Dave, Frank, Bill, Eric and Greg. It was an honor to have you come to Lake Sovereign.

Mike: These are a couple of websites that give information on and discuss our our labyrinth spillway.

http://www.flow3d.com/pdfs/10-04.pdf
http://www.waco-texas.com/brazosdesign.htm

I think Schnabel Engineering in Alpharetta, Ga (770) 781-8008 was the first to build that type spillway and they designed and built ours.

I'm looking forward to another Ga. meeting in the future and I'll vote for the two days.... There was so much information I'm still trying to digest it all.

Thanks again and take care,

Phyllis

T
T
Okay it's been far too long since I posted anything on here. I'm guilty mainly of just getting out of the habit of reading the forums, but also to a certain extent of becoming complacent about thinking not that I know everything I need to about pond/lake management, but that I know most of what I need to about MY particular body of water. This weekend's seminar helped remind me that there are so many things constantly changing in the field/industry from new technologies to new conventional wisdom on various subjects, that it's foolish to ever think you know enough. Thanks to all who participated in a fantastic day, it was a wonderful experience!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Please!! lets have this again next YEAR!! I had to go to the super bowl this year....lets have this in March.
I was also thinking we need to have either bass pro shops OR Georgia out door news sponser this event. This is too good of an event not to have it again and have some of the big boys sponser this as well

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
We decided at the meeting to take a group photo and let everyone who did not attend guess at the names. I see that nobody has taken on that game yet. Any players out there? \:D

Here is the original list:

Number Attending and Name

1 Bill Duggan
1 Bill Thorpe
1 Bob Lusk
1 Calder Pinkston
1 Cary Martin
1 Cary McDaniel
1 Dave Davidson
1 David Pendergrast
1 Debra G. King
1 Eric West
2 Frank Pinkston
1 Greg Grimes
1 Hal Lelle
1 Jack Green
2 JB and Racquel Allen
2 Johnny Tanner
1 Mike Otto
1 Paul Williams
1 Phyllis Lea
2 Randy Cooper
1 Randy Edgar
1 Ric Swaim
1 Robert Coleman
2 Ted Lea
1 Troy Pugh
2 Warren and Lynda Gilbert
2 Wayne and Eloise Edwards

Do fish actually kiss?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Well Deb, I will comment in this fashion:

List of those who I think I recognize, or who was identified....

Bill Duggan (identified)
Lusk
Dave Davidson (from photo on GG's boat)
Deb (seen your photo)
Eric West (identified)
Frank Pinkston (from his website)
Grimes (from his website)
Otto (from the magazine)

And that's it for me. So whenever you all are ready, it'll be nice to put names to faces.

Did anyone go out for drinks?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

P
P
I used to deliver GON (Georgia Outdoor News) back when the boys were teenagers and I wanted to be at home with them. GON and The Dugout/Kennesaw Bait Company would be excellent sponsors...

Phyllis

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Sunil your right some identified already so of those who post often left unclaimed Redgar, big jake, cary martin, ted lea, ric swaim, jersey. Sunil you sure you found me, I'm a little hairier than website photos?

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Greg, the photo of you and DD on the shock boat was the giveaway there.

Your shock boat looks a tad dangerous. I fear you might capsize if everyone was on the control box side.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

F
Frank Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
F
Sunil

the shock boat handled the 20+mph wind even with Dave leaning over to net the fish

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
Sunil your right some identified already so of those who post often left unclaimed Redgar, big jake, cary martin, ted lea, ric swaim, jersey. Sunil you sure you found me, I'm a little hairier than website photos?
Hairier than your current photos, Greg, but I remember your "Nicholas Cage" period.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Greg you were identified when they found out you are related to Junior Samples

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Frank, that's good to hear. It would have been a shame to lose Guvnor Davidson to the briney depths.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
good stuff fellas. Yep Sunil wait till you see the new boat. Hope to have it ready in less than a month for spring shocking. The old boat has worked great though even on a 1800 acre lake in FLA. Yep the wife said the facial hair used to be 3 months now she said 6 months is too much. So back to shaving here soon. The gray in the beard is a sign of wisdom according to Lusk.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
If you'll notice, Lusk's beard is gray just in the areas where Diet Mountain Dew dribbles out when he's indulging.

Lunker
Lunker
So it is with the gray in my beard, too, Sunil, but I must dribble a little less. \:D

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
SO folks are we going to do this next year or WHAT?? \:D

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Debra King:
We decided at the meeting to take a group photo and let everyone who did not attend guess at the names. I see that nobody has taken on that game yet. Any players out there? \:D

Here is the original list:

Number Attending and Name

1 Bill Duggan
1 Bill Thorpe
1 Bob Lusk
1 Calder Pinkston
1 Cary Martin
1 Cary McDaniel
1 Dave Davidson
1 David Pendergrast
1 Debra G. King
1 Eric West
2 Frank Pinkston
1 Greg Grimes
1 Hal Lelle
1 Jack Green
2 JB and Racquel Allen
2 Johnny Tanner
1 Mike Otto
1 Paul Williams
1 Phyllis Lea
2 Randy Cooper
1 Randy Edgar
1 Ric Swaim
1 Robert Coleman
2 Ted Lea
1 Troy Pugh
2 Warren and Lynda Gilbert
2 Wayne and Eloise Edwards
Which one is you?

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Big-POnd I think it might have to shift a little in location every year to be fair. However I would love to have it here again. As great as it was I can see how it could be even better. Really up to Lusk to see if he has the time to travel again. Maybe he will chime in after his most recent trip to let you know. Hope you had a good time in Detroit, those dang officals made in tough on Seattle.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
OK Bigpond, Im front row left with my pond banker (wife) hang'n on !! \:\) Thats 2 down and a few more to go

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Big Pond I'm in the brown leather jacket sitting next to Greg. :p The game here is to guess!!! \:D

Do fish actually kiss?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Boondoggle - 03/28/24 06:28 PM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 06:23 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Newly Uploaded Images