Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,134
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,422
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
11 members (Boondoggle, Bigtrh24, Freg, Sunil, FishinRod, Theo Gallus, jpsdad, Bill Cody, Augie, Jason D, PRCS), 955 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
MCFED

Merry Christmas from El Dorado \:\)

GSF are people too!

P
P
Merry Christmas everyone! I don't post as much as I used to, but I read here every day and enjoy the forum as much as I always have. When work slows down again I will join in the fun more! Thank you all for making this great site possible!

Please no more rain for a month! :|
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year to everyone. I may be the biggest lurker here, I read and learn every day and feel very fortunate to gain so much knowledge from all of the great people on this site. We are all very blessed!

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
Merry Christmas to you Folks.. As always Just remember the Season

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Many thanks to all the Moderators and there hard work.

Ditto for all the great advice/help this past 2 years from numerous members.

Merry Christmas to All!

20 acres of trees & 3/4 acre pond.

"Home of the future Texas state HSB record for Private ponds"
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
There sure is a great bunch of folks on this site. Sure glad I found it and I check in every evening to see whats new. Merry Christmas to all!!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Wishing you ALL a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for this great forum!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Gotta love a forum of such diversity that has zero politcally correct issues with my desire to wish all a very Merry Christmas. Thankful am I for all my blessings. Thankful am I for my newfound pack of pals helping and supporting me in my biggest life project to try and give something back to the world created by He whom we celebrate.
God, family, country.....oh yeah, and Santa.

B
bz Offline
Lunker
Lunker
B
I can't top all the good wishes so I'll just say "ditto" to them all and Merry Christmas and best wishes for a new year at the pond. As others have said too, keep our military men and women in Iraq in your thoughts and prayers. I have a nephew in Bagdad right now and he just had a close call the other day, several others wounded and one killed. I can't even imagine, I hunt and I fish but no one is hunting me.

Gotta get back to fishin!
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Merry Christmas all Pond Boss forum members and loved ones.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Merry Christmas to all of you. I look forward to meeting some of you in Texas next year. Addtionally I am amazed at how civil this site is. I frequent a taxidermy site that makes this place look like the Brady Bunch in heaven. Hat's off to Bob Lusk and everyone else here that makes this site what it is.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
We'll have more information and photos on the gorgeous Eitel property in the next issue of the magazine.

Now, go to Theo's post on "...How To Change a Light Bulb" and check the 18th item in his list.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=003666;p=1#000003

Could not resist. \:\)

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Merry Christmas to all, I've been away from the computer for the last two months (butt glued to the deer stand) and have lots of PB catch-up to do. No cabin fever here as my CC are still on feed as of yesterday. Hope everyone also has a safe and happy New Year to boot.

Robert Jones

Pond Boss subscriber ever since I joined the forum. Thanks Bob!
Lunker
Lunker
Merry christmas everyone!!!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
First Christmas that alien robots can be seen in the distance.

To Dam or not to dam

That isn't even a question
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
OK, crank up that vortex inversion overdrive beaconing transducer and signal an incoming flux diversifying singularity fil….....whoops off topic!

I am thankful for the many people and the many blessings I have enjoyed in my life. I am thankful for every day that I wake and look out over the wonder that God allows me to enjoy.

This Christmas, I am most thankful for my loving wife Gail who is doing well after the first of two surgeries that she must endure. Happily the first and worse one is over!

God bless us, everyone, even Bighead Sally and the Furchock Glee Club.

Merry Christmas all! \:\)

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
I am thankful for health and freedom. I am thankful for family and for a pond full of fish.

I am willing to venture into an area that may stir strong disagreement. But I have found this group to be very civil and able to discuss differences without personal attack - as seen in the passionate posts about hunting.

I take exception to the sentiments expressed in Deb's Paul Harvey quote. I think the opinions expressed are widely held. But I take exception to some of them.

I feel there is a difference in religous activity as part of a government sponsored activity as opposed to private religous activity. This has been the basis of much controversy over these topics - state sponsored vs. private.

Paul Harvey says "Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1." So I guess I am to take it that the majority may engage in bringing their religous beliefs into a state-sponsored activity, simply because they are a majority.

I consider myself a patriot. I worship the founding fathers and this grand experiment that we are living today. I feel they wisely excluded allowing any specific religion from government. I think they disagreed with religous majorities having intolerance for those that did not agree with them.

I think religous activity of all sorts is each citizen's right to worship however they please. I feel anyone has a right to pray to their god anywhere anytime. I do not feel it is appropriate to involve others in the worshiping activities as part of a state sponsored activity whether it be a football game, nativity at the courthouse lawn, graduation from a public school or religous placques on the walls of public buildings.

What amazes me is the concept that it is ok only for Christians to do these things. I am not a Christian but am descended from a long line of Christians - my ancestry can be traced directly back to the 1600's - my ancestors were British citizens in America for over 100 years before the revolution.

Consider this. How would it be if during state sponsored activities we have Muslim prayers over the PA? How about a display of Jewish religous icons on the courthouse lawn during Jewish holidays? If your answer is that there is some special priveledge granted to Christians, well I respectfully disagree.

One of this country's greatest strengths is the diversity we have in our population. We have cultural diversity and we have a constitution that provides protection for all minorities. We are all equal under the law, and that equality extends in my mind to the right not to be subjected to religous acivity coupled with state sponsored activities. And no, I don't want to listen to Muslim prayers at a high school football game and see a Menorah lighted on the courthouse lawn. I prefer all those activities be done in private, not public setting.

I am thankful for a the political freedom that allows me to express my views, knowing they are not in the majority, without fear of being arrested or worse.

I don't think Paul Harvey or anyone else means to make a non-Christian fell like a second class American, but that is how I took the sentiments expressed.

May the spirit of Christmas be with you all at this very special time of year.

2/3 acre pond 12 miles from that big pond we call Lake Erie.
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I have the same philosophy as George: "Each and every day is Christmas Day for me - as well as a day of Thanksgiving." Happy Holidays to all.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Merry Christmas to all. I asked for a zamboni this year......this is what I got, one of my many reasons to be thankfull.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
James Wood; you may have started with nothing and still have a bunch of it but the picture belies your statement. And you have 2 of those somethings. Merry Christmas.

Dwight, all of our best to Gail. Merry Christmas.

AATW, my sincere thanks; I've never had the opportunity to read those perspectives from a non-Christian. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope all yous guys have a happy christmas and may all your ponds be full!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
A Christmas thought. \:\)

When one thinks of Grinch or Scrooge initially it is of bad , dark , empty , unfulfilled souls .

Theodor Seuss Geisel and Charles Dickens the authors respectively, of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Christmas Carol understood the power and promise of Christmas.

They reminded us that Christmas was about sharing , giving , thankfulness and caring among those who knew the season’s happy sprit but that ultimately , Christmas was about the redemptive power to change the heart and soul of man , one person at a time , from ugly and empty to shining and fulfilled. This was the power of the Christmas sprit , its call to change at the core and to empower us to reach our full potential to become the best that mankind represents.

The true lesson about Grinch.

“Geisel once received a letter from brothers David and Bob Grinch of Ridgefield, N.J., asking if he would change the Grinch's name. Friends were teasing them. Seuss responded, "I disagree with your friends who 'harass' you. Can't they understand that the Grinch in my story is the Hero of Christmas? Sure... he starts out as a villain, but it's not how you start out that counts. It's what you are at the finish." “

The true lesson about Scrooge.

Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. He knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, GOD BLESS US , EVERY ONE !

Indeed – God Bless us, every one of us – in the redemptive power of Christmas.

Last edited by ewest; 12/18/08 01:53 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Cheers to everyone here on Pond Boss.

I hope that this holiday season meets all of your expectations.

It certainly is special that we can share our life experiences including successes, failures, and problems, here on this exceptional forum.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Boondoggle - 03/29/24 10:30 AM
pond experience needed
by FishinRod - 03/29/24 10:13 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 09:19 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday