Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
3 members (Layne, Angler8689, anthropic), 616 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bob got back in town looking forward to reading some good pond info and saw this. Prayers are with you and the family.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
So sorry to hear of your misfortune, Bob. Glad everyone's OK. Prayers are with you and your family.

B
B
Damn, just damn. Sorry to just get the news Bob!! Hope you guys are doing okay!! No way a little fire can keep a man like you down!! Thoughts and prayers!

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Bob, we're all thankful everyone made it out safely. We will help any way we can...you help all of us, give us a chance to repay the debt.

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
Any word on Bob and his family? Are things getting along OK?

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Thanks so much for the prayers and the outpouring from the Pond Boss community. I am truly a blessed man, and deeply humbled. Here's the latest. Debbie and I are doing well, staying in a winter home owned by one of our friends at a nearby horse ranch. The winter home is used by her parents, and they arrive Dec 8. We have located two homes we can choose from, to rent for the time it takes to rebuild.
We will rebuild on the same site, pending approval from an engineer who needs to inspect the slab after we demolish the remains and dispose of the debris.
The insurance company has been compassionate, friendly and very professional.
Our insurance was better than most, and we are learning how to play the game. Next, we go through the process of designing a new home, interviewing builders and contractors, then see what it will cost, and figure out how to do it.
We chose to spend the nine days around Thanksgiving relaxing in the mountains of New Mexico, to step away from the whirlwind.
I edited and wrote the Jan-Feb issue while there, and have included a story about the fire in that issue.
You folks are the kindest, most caring and compassionate people I have ever cared to meet. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Bob, our prayers are with you also.

We've been through two house fires and know the feeling. From the perspective of time, I've come to a number of conclusions. We say it all the time but everyone getting out unhurt really is the most important thing. Ask anyone that has ever been in or visited a burn center!

We will always miss all of the personal item that mean so much to us. However, with time, they mean less to us.

Most importantly, IF we have good insurance (and that is a big IF), then having the house burn down completely is so much better than having the fire department put it out. Fixing a house with lots of fire, smoke and water damage is horrible.

Again, our thoughts are with you.

Norm Kopecky
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Last summer I had the privilege to be a guest for an afternoon at the Lusk Homestead. The house was built largely from cedar trees cut from the property (not by Bob, they did not build the original structure.) It was very unique and quite beautiful. Unfortunately, I did not get as many pictures as I now wish I had, but here is just a glimpse at what the house looked like.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bob and his family. They are a strong unit (ask Bob sometime to tell you the story) and they will come out on top, but it will be a trying process for all.

Shawn

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Oh no, I come back to Pondboss forum after a lengthy time away to complain about people promoting fishing bass of the spawning beds and I see this! Not what I was hoping for I must say!
My thoughts are with you and your family Bob, having been a Volunteer Firefighter for some time I have seen a fair share of people lose their homes/possessions... everything despite our best efforts. It is a horrible thing to see when I don't even know the people, and although we have never met personally, through the magazine and this website I do feel that I know you at least in some ways and that makes it even more poignant to hear of your loss. Hopefully you can get back on your feet in a hurry.

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??