Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,095
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,415
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
16 members (jpsdad, Sunil, azteca, esshup, BillyE, H20fwler, FishinRod, Augie, PRCS, LeighAnn, bstone261, LANGSTER, dg84s, ewest, Fishingadventure, Shorthose), 690 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Bob and Debbie our prayers are with you as well as anything we can do to help.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob and Debbie,
Bob was there for me on the forum nearly immediately when I first reached out but a month ago. I dare say that I will likely be incapable of returning the favor to help mitigate the disaster that the Lusks have just suffered...but...I offer prayers and the best heart-felt wishes for your recovery. As a Pond Boss rookie, I remain steadfast and available for any support I can offer.
Brettski

J
J
Bob, our family is praying for yours. Good luck and let us know how we can help. Jim

Bob, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family. I am heartened to see/hear your resolve in that this will only be a "bump" on life's highway. Your family is the only thing that truly irreplaceable.

It ain't much of story if you don't have pictures!
Lunker
Lunker
Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Anybody even remotely aware of Bob Lusk and what he stands for, knows for a fact that he and his family will use their faith and strength to rebuild even better and stronger than ever. Some of your words in the magazine have inspired us, Bob, to bigger and better things in our lives. You've had an impact on us all and we hope you can draw on our support for anything you ever need.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down, but that he gets up one more time than he gets knocked down --John Wayne

No doubt that the Lusk family ,like Jonn Wayne, will get up one more time than it gets knocked down. The question is will we , the forum members do our part to support the Lusk family ,who have given us so much and asked only in return that we care about and respect each other in our actions toward one another.

Sir Winston Churchill --

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

-----------------------------------------------

Until we get further direction , prayers and words of encouragement are the least we can do.

ewest

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I can only echo what others have said about you and your family Bob. I'm very thankful your family is safe. I admire your spirit and extend to you our prayers as well. You've been most helpful to me over the years and patiently answered questions when I needed help.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
My thoughts & prayers are with you. You are already blessed that no one was hurt.

I always try to look at a set back like this as an oportunity to make things better. Looks like you're already moving in that direction.

You have lots of friends here to lean on.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Ditto; and my prayers also , Remeber The Good Lord will never put you though more than what your able to handle.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Bob you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. From the sermon on the mount " Do not be Anxious--Don't worry--Don't fret--
Be at peace--Trust God--He will not desert you--God will see you through."

We have much to be thankful for--

Tentmaker

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I dont know what to say that hasent already been said. Thank the Lord that everyone is safe as all material posessions can be replaced. You have many praying for you and your family.

God Bless

Jake

Z
Lunker
Lunker
Z
Bob,
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your home.
Very happy to hear no one was injured.

Make it look easy,
http://zhkent.com
D
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
D
Condolences are fine, but a check, however small, would help more. My pittance goes in to the Pond Boss office tomorrow.
So sorry about your loss, Bob.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Good point Dudley. I'll follow suit.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Thank you everyone. I'm new to this business but I am Bob's fisheries biologist for Texoma Hatchery, I've been working for him for about a month. Your support in these trying times means a lot to the family. The support from the Pond Boss community and the local community has been tremendous. I just wanted to take the oppurtunity to say thank you to everyone.

Fisheries Biologist, Texoma Hatchery.
www.texomahatchery.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Chad, do you know if there is any particular type of supply that would benefit Bob and his family at this time?

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
K
ken Offline
Lunker
Lunker
K
Bob, real sorry to hear of your loss. thank God everybody is ok.

i only wanted to have some fun
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Bob, Your faith has made you strong and it will help you through this tribulation.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Thank you Bruce and everyone else. Right now I don't think there is much anyone can do. Keeping the Lusk's in your thoughts and prayers will help. If there is something that the Pond Boss community can do I will let you know.
Again Thank You.

Fisheries Biologist, Texoma Hatchery.
www.texomahatchery.com
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Chad :

Check with Cathy at the office. All hold off for a couple of days and we will know more about what we can do. We will have an opportunity to help. ewest

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Thanks, Chad. We'll count on you for updates.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
M
M
I'm normally a lurker on this forum, but also one of Bob's neighbors on Maverick Drive, in Gordonville, TX.

I was with Bob for a short time during the fire watching an army of volunteer fire fighters trying to save his home while 20-30 MPH winds were working against the effort. Bob was debating whether or not to grant a TV interview while all of this was going on, & was incredibly stoic.

Two days later, all that's left is a lone 2 1/2 story stone fireplace/chimney, & other still smoldering debris. Following is an article from our local paper on the fire:

"Local News
Sherman Herald Democrat

By Mary Jane Farmer

GORDONVILLE - A Grayson County family has been burned out of its home, another in a series of home fires during the last month in Fannin and Grayson counties that destroyed residences and left people homeless.

Tuesday's fire was at 602 Maverick, a cul de sac off FM 901 and north of Whitesboro. Officials said the Bob Lusk family hadn't lived there a long time, but lost many of their memorabilia to the fire. The residents at home got out to safety, including their dog, and Bob Lusk returned while firefighters were attempting to extinguish the fire. The home collapsed. Lusk's family at the home consists of his wife, two young teen-agers, and, at the time of the fire, a toddler grandchild was also there.

The heaviest flames were coming out the roof when firefighters arrived, said Jeff Patterson of the Whitesboro Fire Department, who acted as incident commander.

Firefighters at the scene said that what the builder used for insulation is what continued to fuel flames in spite of their efforts. They found that straw bales had been placed in the thick walls' cavities, causing flames to spread more rapidly than expected. Patterson explained that because of the straw, the flames could spread downward.

Gordonville Fire Department was the lead agency. Helping were firefighters from other volunteer agencies, including Collinsville, Whitesboro, Southmmayd, Sadler, Sherwood Shores, Callisburg, and Gunter, Lebanon and Wills-Po, Okla. Other agencies, like Tioga FD and Sherman FD stood by in those towns to cover them.

With the lack of immediately available fire hydrants, Patterson said they got about 120,000 gallons of water out of a pond behind the house. They also used another approximate 15,000 gallons shuttled in by the aiding agencies' tankers, who dumped their transported water into a makeshift tank. Doing those shuffles allowed them to keep a steady water supply on hand.

It took several hours to extinguish the fire, and Gordonville firefighters stayed on scene until nearly dawn, watching for and putting out flare-ups. Even Wednesday afternoon, smoke coming out showed that there was still smoldering in the rubbish piles, a situation firefighters kept a vigilance on for everyone's safety.

Patterson said they returned Wednesday afternoon and were able to find some of the family's pictures in the ashes. Also, Whitesboro FD's chaplain, Brother Hart, went to the scene to talk and counsel with the family during the turmoil, as did the Lusks' own minister, Patterson said.

The cause and origin will be determined by the insurance agency, Patterson said.

The American Red Cross is helping the Lusk family and anyone who wants to assist can contact the Red Cross."

I contacted the Red Cross helping Bob, & if you wish to make a donation that is designated for him
it should be sent to:

American Red Cross
2527 Hwy 691
Denison, TX 75020

Make sure that you send a cover note stating who the donation is for, and that your check memo reads: "For Bob Lusk Family of Gordonville, TX" They assured me that, with that notation, 100% of the donation will go to Bob.

Please feel free to contact the Grayson County Chapter of the American Red Cross directly if you have any questions: 903-465-1330.

The Anderson family prays for yours Bob, & we offer any assistance we can to you & your family.

Marty Anderson

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
ewest
Lunker
Member # 1798

posted November 11, 2005 07:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I talked to Cathy at the PB office. She is checking on several matters and should let us know on Monday what is the best way for us to help. We do not need to do something that will duplicate what is already covered or is not needed by Bob's family. Let's give Cathy and the Lusk's till then to tell us what is best. ewest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My prayers are with you as I realize this is a very difficult time to say the least. Prayers are helpful and will be answered.

paul weatherholt
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 04:51 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by BillyE - 03/28/24 04:35 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 04:13 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass