Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,076
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
14 members (esshup, Requa, Shorthose, Blestfarmpond, DrLuke, JasonInOhio, H20fwler, Theo Gallus, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk, catscratch, Freg, DenaTroyer), 816 guests, and 212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Online Content
Lunker
Almost as an afterthought...I am speaking in upstate New York Thursday, if anyone is interested. Here's the news release, created by Finger Lakes Institute.

October 13, Finger Lakes Institute Classroom

Author, Fisheries Biologist, and Lake Management Consultant- Bob Lusk visits the FLI

The Finger Lakes Institute at Hobart and William Smith Colleges welcomes author, Pond Boss Magazine writer, and Texoma Hatchery pond consulting service owner, Bob Lusk of Whitesboro, Texas.

Featured in magazines, such as Field and Stream and Outdoor Life, and ESPN Outdoors, and author of two of his own books, Bob Lusk is known for his expertise in managing ponds, lakes and reservoirs for better bass fishing. Lusk helps people design, build, stock and manage private lakes.

In his 26-year career, Bob Lusk has consulted close to 7,000 nationwide clients, and has worked on 2,000 different ponds. A veteran fisheries biologist and lake management consultant, Bob Lusk offers wise technical advice to pond owners to provide helpful insights on how to best manage ponds and lakes, install aeration systems, construct and engineer dams, stock fish, and manage aquatic weeds. He is the author of Basic Pond Management and Raising Trophy Bass. A third book, about pond construction, is going through final edits and review, and will be on the market soon. The public is invited to attend three free special events sponsored by the Finger Lakes Institute (FLI). All events will be located at the FLI at 601 S. Main Street, Geneva.

· 12:00 pm Lunch with Bob Lusk

Enjoy conversation and company of Bob Lusk in a more intimate setting to ask specific questions of his expertise and observations in pond management and trophy fishing. Lunch will be served. Free and open to the public. Registration required, call (315) 781-4382 or email fli@hws.edu.

· 1:00 pm Writing Workshop with Bob Lusk

Bob Lusk, author of Raising Trophy Bass and Basic Pond Management, and editor-in-chief of Pond Boss Magazine, will provide advice and guidance to others that aspire to become business owners, authors, editors, and writers. Attend this workshop to learn how Bob Lusk entered his profession as president of Pond Boss, Inc., staff writer for Whitesboro News Record, and owner of Texoma Hatchery, his private fisheries management business. This workshop is appropriate for all audiences, from aspiring magazine editors, free-lance writers, trophy fishermen, and business owners. Participants will learn from Bob Lusk, how he boasted his nationwide clientele, began Pond Boss Magazine, and combines natural resource management with professional writing. Free and open to the public. Registration required, call (315) 781-4382 or email fli@hws.edu.

· 6:30 pm Bob Lusk Evening Presentation, Book Sales and Signing

This program targets private pond owners with complete management information on how to manage their ponds, lakes and reservoirs for better bass fishing. Members of the audience will benefit from hearing Bob Lusk speak about common improvements to existing ponds, water quality remedies, fish stocking and management strategies, aquatic vegetation management, and troubleshooting problems. Registration required, call (315) 781-4382 or email fli@hws.edu.

Sincerely,
Sarah A. Meyer
Community Outreach Coordinator
http://fli.hws.edu
Office:(315)781-4382
Finger Lakes Institute
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
601 S. Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Bob :

Is this the press release ?

I have not known you to "boast" . \:\) I assume you "boosted" your status. \:D However you may be saying good things about (boasting) about the good qualities of your nationwide clients.

"Participants will learn from Bob Lusk, how he boasted his nationwide clientele, began Pond Boss ...."

I did not want you to go to the meeting with the attendees thinking you were a "boaster" and be unprepared to respond. It would be a good light hearted way to open a talk on how to write or be an author. :p ewest

Lunker
OP Online Content
Lunker
That's what I get for not reading the thing. You know me, I don't boast. Don't need to.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
It's not boasting when it's the truth! ;\)

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Ric :

You are right. Its not bragging if you can do it. I did not want Bob to show up unaware that the crowd might think he was bragging based on an error in the press release. Forewarned is forearmed . ewest

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
ewist,
I understood your post & agree.
Frankly I didn't catch it until you pointed it out. Good catch, & again you're right.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Quote:
Lunch will be served. Free and open to the public.
And here I always thought there ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

That's a pretty impressive release, Bob. It almost makes you sound as good as we already know you are.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump