Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
macman59, jm96, flowindustrial, ksueotto58, John Folchetti
18,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,942
Posts557,765
Members18,481
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,502
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,139
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dieselscout80), 622 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Dave, I will be there ! I need to jot down all my questions, and I have a nice 3-day Vegas trip tomorrow...busy, busy, busy. I will be back on the 9th & e-mail. Has a topic/presentation list been formed ? I promise to do what I can once I return...if you or anyone needs anything, I'm more than willing to help. I can see it now...standing at the airpoirt, with a sign, "Water Turkeys !" hahahaha

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
I think Sunil's wife is more concerned about him staying the night in Dallas and losing his pond in a local Texas Hold'em game \:\) Hahahah, like what would a Texan want with a slow growing northern pond ? :0 Too funny, just messin' with ya, wish you could attend.

Sunil Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Guys, I'd be there if I wasn't previously committed. I guess Dave D. was originally correct - I didn't care to go to NC for vacation.

And rightfully so. Seven or eight days at the pond is the best vacation ever; why go away?

But my wife did insist on going away. She must have cornered me when I was weak and not with my senses. Guess that's not the first or last time that will happen.

Anyways, I'm jealous. You guys are going to have a great time.

Dave D., if there's a number I can call to sponser a few drinks for the group, please let me know. You all like tequila, right?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Sunil, save the tequila for a personal meeting. You're gonna be missed, especially since you have attained rock star type status. Maybe at the next one you can host a Bassmasters/SMB suite. There will be a next one but that is TBA by Lusk.

We all understand about wives. George and Alligator have the same problem. Not me. I stood up like a real man and told my wife what I was gonna do and when I was gonna do it. She said that she thought it was a good idea, especially since she would be out of town that weekend. Not that it would have changed anything. I can go to meetings with black eyes.

So far, nobody is staying overnight. Those that are coming from any distance are flying in and out that day.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Eastland, There are no specific topics and no set agenda. It is a round table type deal for a bunch of pond/PB junkies. I'm particularly interested in how your over wintered, aquarium raised, tilapia turned out.

I'm personally going to bring some baggies with some weeds that I want Lusk to do a positive ID on. The internet pictures don't do much for me. A lot of them look the same to me. About the only thing I can absolutely recognize are FA and willow trees.

I like your idea of having well thought out questions.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Dave :

In addition to well thought out questions it would be good to see them in advance so we are all prepared to address them. It would be good for the pros to have an idea what they need to address. At least we need to have areas if not questions scoped out and a way to cover the areas of interest in a reasonable time. For example if the group wants to talk about 4 types of problem plants we should id them {gennerally} in advance so all can check on them in advance and let Lusk know so that we don't spend 4 hrs. on plants in general and not get to the 20 other topics of interest. Just a couple of topic areas to think about , not my suggestions but a way to start iding possible topics { all topics are welcome not just those from people who will attend} :

1. forage base issues-- types , compare and contrast +- of each and how well they fit together in different systems.

2. problem plants-- how to id them- good web sites for id and mangt., the when , how and effect of mgt strat. on the pond system.

3. predator fish-- what type--management of them and how they fit with typical forage bases , +- of each.

4. sources of info-- {other than this fourm} good places for info like AFS and its subs. , state agency pond mgt. publications , scientific studies , Fed. and state agencies.

5. biology of the pond--differences in dirt , alka. , ph , water quality , DO , fertility , carrying capicity , thermoclines , silting , aeration.

6. Pond construction and mgt-- other than fish and water plants. Such as building the pond , docks , trees and plants around pond , types of tasks and proper equip. , things to and not to put in and around the pond .

I hope this starts the process. Who knows we may cover a lot of this before the meeting. We should find a way to pass along { a report} to non attending members the basics of the conversations. ewest

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Ewest, Heck, I thought the Eric West that called me was a lurker. Didn't know it was you.

Great idea. Think I will get some together out of the stuff you mentioned. I know Lusk can handle all of the above but a consensus will help.

Bail in guys.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Some other thoughts on topics of discussion.

1) Nursery ponds for bluegill

2) Raising fish in cages

3) Farm security for non-resident owners

4) HSB vs LMB in small ponds

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
To all :

If you have topics that interest you place them at the site below we are trying to keep them in one place. Thanks ewest

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001913

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Greetings all!
Mike Otto and I are looking forward to a fun time at D/FW airport next Saturday. It will be a ball. Meeting Pond Boss subscribers and readers of the forum is always a blast.
I bet there will be an outstanding exchange of ideas and thoughts.
Sunil, it was a true pleasure to meet and hang out with you. You are truly a star...deeply passionate about your life, your family and your lake. And with famous fish living in the paradise of your lake, what's next?

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Jenna
Recent Posts
How many LMB to remove?
by Boondoggle - 04/17/24 11:26 PM
Opportunistic Munchers
by Snipe - 04/17/24 11:25 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump