Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
cgoetz1, BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss
18,518 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,994
Posts558,319
Members18,519
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,579
ewest 21,510
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,155
Who's Online Now
5 members (dcwandj, JoshMI, BarkyDoos, canyoncreek, Augie), 1,034 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I just got back from fishing for three solid days at Lake Texoma. Wow!!! It couldn't have been any better. George Glazener ("George" on PB forum) sent me information, telephone numbers, a waterproof map complete with arrows pointing to good spots and an invitation to fish on his boat. It was all I'd hoped for. George bought my pancakes and took me out on his boat to fish for stripers and even showed me some of his secret spots. EASTLAND!, listen up...George proved his fishing prowess by making me look silly while catching striper after striper ;\) ;\) It was quite the show of domination \:D . Finally, at the end, I managed to catch on a little bit and get myself a few of them bad boys!! It was an absolute blast! Fish were ranging from about 3-5 pounds and were so fat they looked like they'd have difficulty swimming.

After arming me with tons of pertinent information I proceeded to fish the rest of three days with my cousin and brother-in-law. We caught stripers up to nearly twenty pounds and totalled over 250 fish!

Thanks, George for everything! Definitely one of the best trips of my life and I owe it all to meeting a new friend on the forum.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Bruce, sounds awesome, you will never forget that trip. George sounds like a great guy, even if whe won't "adopt" me ! I'm familiar with trolling hellbenders with tony accetta pet spoon's in Ray Hubbard, my backyard lake...but it's nothing compared to the mighty Texoma ! The stripers will make a true "run", much like the bull reds on the coast...ripping off the line. You can't describe it...but living it is an awesome time. Don't forget to buy George a nice present come next Xmas, hahahah. I'm convinced this forum is full of guys who would be excellent fishing buddies, nice going George.

G
G
Thanks Guys........!
Now, back to the pond....... \:D

N
N
Eastland, your little secret you gave away about the hellbender / tony trick is awesome. I can show you a spot on Tawakoni where you WILL get a limit of big sandies every day doing that. I can also show you how to rig it to catch stripers. You replace the tony accetta with a road runner, and add a large weight to the front hook location of the hellbender. It runs at about 15 to 20 feet deep that way, depending on boat speed. We have one really good drop-off on Tawakoni where we catch stripers doing this. Either they are there, or they ain't. It is either feast or famine. But if it's feast, its fun.

Where do you troll these at on Hubbard? I do it beside the jetty.

Nick Smith
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OK...I've got the pdf. file for my 18-pound striper. What kind of hoops do I have to jump through to post the picture on the PB board? I'm sure it's something I'm not capable of doing.

Kelly Duffie?? Where are you when I need you??

I suppose you've answered this question before. Maybe I'll just have to figure it out...

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bruce, E-mail it to Lusk and he will post it in the photo area.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Bruce - Here is my collection of instructions of how to post a picture on the forum. Note one of them is by Kelly Duffie. I haven't tried any of them yet. Hopefully you can figure them out. Maybe ask Kayla to help you; kids seem to be adept with computer stuff. I am waiting for Lusk to allow the PB Forum to become a picture host site and this should then be easier for computer dummies like me to post pictures. Special thanks to those who supplied these instructions.

POSTING PICTURES ON PB FORUM - How To Do It -
Ah - well, that's easy enough, Cecil- by 82Martin. Go to where the image you want to use is located and right click on the image, then click "properties" from the menu that opens. The resulting box will have the URL of the picture. Copy the URL and then paste it in the post box here with [ IMG ] at the begining and [ /IMG ] at the end (without the extra spaces). Or you can use the IMAGE button and it will put the code in for you; you just have to paste the URL. You should use images at a hosting site like the one you have your pics at; linking to a photo at a standard website may be frowned upon as "bandwidth theft" by private websites. This method works on most other message boards as well.

OPTION II
This is how I did it - by Wood. Have P.B. open on a new topic where you want to post your link. Go to www.photobucket.com start a new account, all they ask is a user name, password and e-mail address. They instantly send you an e-mail with operating instructions. You simply download your chosen pic to your photo album.Once you see your pic (in small) in your album, just click on it to enlarge. Right click and copy the URL from that photo. Now bring up P.B. again and click on the URL buttom next to the gremlins. Paste your URl here, remember to delete the "http" prefix because it's already there from copying. It will then ask for a title for your web page. This is where you type your photo name, i.e. My 14lb Rainbow. Ya right.

OPTION III by K.Duffie -Russ - once you've hit "reply" (to a post), you will see a list of instant UBB code options below the "message" box. To post a link within your reply, click on the "URL" button, then paste the URL address for your targeted link on the appropriate line, then (when prompted) add a short descriptive name for the displayed link-shortcut - such as: Previous Crappie Thread

A similar process is used for inserting pictures within your reply. The picture(s) must first be stored in a web-assessed site (ie. Photobucket.com). Beneath the reply "Message" box, click on the "Image" button in the UBB Code list. Then, paste the URL for your web-stored picture, hit OK - and then add a short link-title on the next screen.
It sounds a little confusing, but makes sense once you've played with it a little.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Alright! Tomorrow I will try to do this. Maybe this summer I can post some of the pictures of 4" bluegill that I'm raising. :rolleyes:

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Hopefully by this summer this forum will have a real easy way to do this instead of using a remote picture deposit site.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Here's one of the big stripers we caught at Texoma. It weighed 18 pounds and was caught while wading and using light tackle. The lure was a wild eye shad.

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Looks great Bruce! Congrats!

Now if there was only a way to put that in your pond. \:D

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Bruce - Which method did you use to post the picture? Did it work fairly easily?
PS - Dandy fish.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I used the second paragraph of option III that you gave me from K. Duffy. Thanks for the help, Bill. It worked pretty slick.

BTW, what looks like a smile on my face is actually delirium bordering on insanity. We had walked 1.5 miles to get to this spot and I forgot my water! In the hot weather and wind I was starting to hallucinate.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
57jeepster, Augie, mbunimog
Recent Posts
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 05/07/24 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Augie!
by jludwig - 05/07/24 11:47 AM
Is my feeder toast?
by FireIsHot - 05/07/24 10:09 AM
Swimming Pond Center Fun Ideas
by tlogan - 05/07/24 07:23 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 05/06/24 09:36 PM
How much feed?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 07:55 PM
My First
by Bill Cody - 05/06/24 07:22 PM
Aquaculture Business/Equipment for Sale (Ohio)
by Theo Gallus - 05/06/24 07:19 PM
Trees on dam
by esshup - 05/06/24 06:08 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by ewest - 05/06/24 01:17 PM
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by esshup - 05/06/24 10:39 AM
feeders on bank--any hog problems?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 10:24 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday