Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,901
Posts557,098
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,415
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
11 members (H20fwler, nvcdl, esshup, Bing, Fishingadventure, Dylanfrely, Angler8689, Sunil, jpsdad, azteca, BillyE), 679 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
This is also good news:

FDA authorizes new test that could detect coronavirus in about 45 minutes
By Wesley Bruer and Kelly Mena, CNN

Sat March 21, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/politics/fda-coronavirus-test/index.html

ps: THANK YOU!! California-based Cepheid, the company developed/manufactures the tests

Fishing has never been about the fish....

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Thanks for the video, Zep. It seemed pretty level headed.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
R
Italybass I cant tell you how sorry we all feel for you guys. It is hard to understand it til it starts hitting home. The superintendent I wrote bout a fews days ago has now passed away. Are little town of Paris kansas (under 10,000). We have not been told to go on lockdown per government yet. Pretty much everyone I know has quarantined themselves. Theres a preacher in a couple towns over that has it. Those were out in about in the public just days prior so it hard telling how many will come out of this madness. I'm not 2 big on praying myself (got 2 many questions) but that's a whole different topic. But I have said a few here lately. But now seems like the the best time to maybe say a couple. Stay safe out there please.

The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716
T
T
Gov Edwards of Louisiana has now asked for voluntary lockdown and said La now has the fastest growing rate per capita of this disease over anywhere else the world.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Tracy, were there any stats provided?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
deleted

Last edited by RAH; 03/23/20 05:30 AM. Reason: Not really helpful
W
W
I have to say it again. Either China is fabricating their Corona data or they are just better at this stuff than the rest of the world. Italy has ~4% of Chinas population and will likely have 2x the deaths as of today. The Italians are not living in "squalor" or near as densely populated as the Chinese. Spain has ~3% of Chinas population, similar living conditions to Italy, and quickly approaching the same number of deaths as China. Thank God our death rate in US is currently tracking so low. Hopefully it stays low. There is a lag between them and us though since they surged first.

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 03/23/20 08:26 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
A
A
My pond is in the front yard. I can throw a rock in it from the porch.

We are already in self-quarantine. Daughter had class two weeks ago with some kids that had been to Clearwater for spring break.
Three of those tested positive last week. Daughter and wife were tested yesterday. Results should be in tomorrow.

We are well-provisioned, and taking things in stride. I can do my job from here. I hauled some computer gear home from the office on Saturday and am set up ready for business as usual.

W
W
Good luck Augie! Prayers sent for negative tests. Consider yourself lucky to be able to work from home.

May I suggest this to everyone. Shop local as much as you can. Order take out from some of the small restaurants around you. Lots here are doing curbside so you do not even have to walk inside. There are going to be small businesses around you that are not going to survive this.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
T
T
Originally Posted by Sunil
Tracy, were there any stats provided?

Sunil, here is what I remember. Our population is 4.6 mil with 830 cases and 20 deaths as in one week. This was Sunday morning.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
A
A
Originally Posted by Zep

There seems to be too much "OMG I've got the corona-virus" panic.

There is a lot of that, and much of it is due to media hype.

I work in a very large (600-ish inpatient beds) health system in the midwest.
As of 4:00pm yesterday we had exactly zero COVID19 patients admitted.

A
A
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Unless something's changed, there is no cure for virus'. Bacterial infections yes, viral infections no. Meds are prescribed to control signs and symptoms.

That is simply not true.

There are many effective treatments for viral infections, but none of them are under patent protection.

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
For the interested: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(20)30114-5/fulltext

RAH, thanks for posting that link.

Originally Posted by Augie
Unless something's changed, there is no cure for virus'. Bacterial infections yes, viral infections no. Meds are prescribed to control signs and symptoms.

That is simply not true.

There are many effective treatments for viral infections, but none of them are under patent protection.

Augie, first thanks for posting. Early in this thread I invited all to correct any of my mis-statements, and I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge would catch any errors.

So, I have questions for you. Are the virus treatments class related, or are there treatments specific to certain virus'? Also, are there any drugs that have shown to be effective on both virus and bacterial infections?

Could you also explain the patent protection deal?

Thanks again.

AL

D
D
Best thing I ever got for a coronavirus was tiny clear green pills, a very strong steroid, maybe only one per day. By day's end I felt great with no bothersome symptoms. He prescribed four days only, saying, if after four days you feel like crap, it is probably bacterial and you'll need immediate medical attention. I never saw those beautiful gems again...wondering just what they were.

The effect was a hundred times better than those nasty little prednisone pills, which also gave me a weird feeling. And, i before e, except after c, doesn't hold true if after w.

Dan McWhirter
DannyMac
A
A
Originally Posted by Zep
...Wouldn't it be helpful to have a "ZPak in waiting" so at the first sign of corona effecting respiratory problems I could start my ZPak?

She said Azithromycin is for bacterial infections. It might not hurt to have one handy, but she wouldn't know if it worked with this scenario.

The ZPak would be helpful to prevent/treat secondary bacterial infection. It won't have any effect on viral infection.

Mrs. Augie is RN for 30-ish years.
Augie is IT guy for MU Health System for 23 years.

When the zombie apocalypse comes I'm going to get a new job as witch doctor.

A
A
Originally Posted by wbuffetjr
Good luck Augie! Prayers sent for negative tests. Consider yourself lucky to be able to work from home.

Thank you. Results just in. Wife and daughter both negative.

Yes, I'm blessed to have fallen into a good career.

Working from home for now. I am on-call for the health system. In the event things get really bad they will need
help in the hospital. Patients have to be fed, laundry has to be washed, garbage taken out, etc. If the call comes
I will go and do what is asked of me.

R
R
Least we are getting some goods news out of this. Glad to hear everyone is good.

The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Try to avoid getting information from made-for-television health "professionals":

https://www.newsweek.com/surgeon-ge...drug-treatment-coronavirus-after-1493751

Last edited by RAH; 03/23/20 12:49 PM. Reason: typo correction
A
A

Augie, first thanks for posting. Early in this thread I invited all to correct any of my mis-statements, and I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge would catch any errors.

So, I have questions for you. Are the virus treatments class related, or are there treatments specific to certain virus'? Also, are there any drugs that have shown to be effective on both virus and bacterial infections?

Thanks again.

At risk of getting too far off into the weeds of political corruption/crony capitalism/etc. I will simply say that if there is no patent there is no profit to be made.
If there is no profit to be made there is no incentive for production. Big Pharma is not your friend. The FDA is not your friend.
That's as far as I'll go on that topic. I don't really want to be kicked off the forum.

There are many treatments/preventative measures for viral infection that have been used since ancient times.
Anyone that's old enough to remember when Gramma had a milk cow knows that she always put a buffalo nickel or two in the milk jug to keep the milk "fresh".
The Romans knew that using silver tableware would keep you from getting sick.
Colloidal silver solution is available commercially, or can be manufactured at home with the right equipment, and is extremely effective against both viral and
bacterial infection.
Vitamin C infusions are very effective - they are being used against COVID19 in Asia right now.
Various plant oils are also proven effective against viral infection - clove, bergamot, eucalyptus, red thyme, and tea tree to name a few.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) remedies have been evaluated and found effective in modern clinical trials.

As far as the various use cases/delivery methods/efficacy against this vs. that... it would be necessary to link every clinical trial/research study/etc. that
is available on the subject. I'm not a licensed physician, so would be on thin ice legally if I were to recommend a treatment protocol to anyone for anything.
That said, the information is out there, and so far has not been suppressed by the google machine.

I will recommend to anyone that may be skeptical of the modern western allopathic medical system - find a Chinese doctor who went to med school in the
US, AND is trained in TCM.

Dr. Simon Yu in St. Louis is one such physician. I would probably not be here now if I hadn't found him. http://www.preventionandhealing.com

A
A
Originally Posted by RAH
Try to avoid getting information from made-for-television health "professionals":

^^^^^THAT RIGHT THERE^^^^^ is some very good advice.

Originally Posted by wbuffetjr

Thank you. Results just in. Wife and daughter both negative.

Yes, I'm blessed to have fallen into a good career.

Working from home for now. I am on-call for the health system. In the event things get really bad they will need
help in the hospital. Patients have to be fed, laundry has to be washed, garbage taken out, etc. If the call comes
I will go and do what is asked of me.

Good deal. That has to be a great relief.

Hospital ancillary staff are the hero's patients rarely see.

AL

Thanks again.

At risk of getting too far off into the weeds of political corruption/crony capitalism/etc. I will simply say that if there is no patent there is no profit to be made.
If there is no profit to be made there is no incentive for production. Big Pharma is not your friend. The FDA is not your friend.
That's as far as I'll go on that topic. I don't really want to be kicked off the forum.

There are many treatments/preventative measures for viral infection that have been used since ancient times.
Anyone that's old enough to remember when Gramma had a milk cow knows that she always put a buffalo nickel or two in the milk jug to keep the milk "fresh".
The Romans knew that using silver tableware would keep you from getting sick.
Colloidal silver solution is available commercially, or can be manufactured at home with the right equipment, and is extremely effective against both viral and
bacterial infection.
Vitamin C infusions are very effective - they are being used against COVID19 in Asia right now.
Various plant oils are also proven effective against viral infection - clove, bergamot, eucalyptus, red thyme, and tea tree to name a few.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) remedies have been evaluated and found effective in modern clinical trials.

As far as the various use cases/delivery methods/efficacy against this vs. that... it would be necessary to link every clinical trial/research study/etc. that
is available on the subject. I'm not a licensed physician, so would be on thin ice legally if I were to recommend a treatment protocol to anyone for anything.
That said, the information is out there, and so far has not been suppressed by the google machine.

I will recommend to anyone that may be skeptical of the modern western allopathic medical system - find a Chinese doctor who went to med school in the
US, AND is trained in TCM.

Dr. Simon Yu in St. Louis is one such physician. I would probably not be here now if I hadn't found him. http://www.preventionandhealing.com

I get all that, so thanks for the explanation.

AL

A
A
I get all that, so thanks for the explanation.

I'll say couple more things then I will shut up.

Everyone in my household uses colloidal silver daily.
Everyone in my household supplements with essential oils daily.
We 100% certainly have been exposed. None of us are sick.

If any of us do test positive for COVID19 we will high-tail it to Dr. Yu's office in St. Louis for IV infusion of vitamin C.

The above statements should be taken with a grain of salt.

Or, in PBF lingo - "Will this work for me?" "It depends."

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Sunil - 03/28/24 05:33 PM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 04:51 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Newly Uploaded Images