Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,050
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rainman, Bobbss), 284 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
#413972 06/03/15 09:25 PM
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Hello all:

Sorry been a while - as promised I've been dedicated to increasing my knowledge of the products working closely with manufacturer, applying the product on test projects, and working with the Pond Boss himself in order to arrive at this point. What point is that? Here's an update:

I have a attained a working knowledge of the product through a few successful application experiments in addition to working with the polymer manufacturer to a point I feel comfortable addressing questions and providing some direction for those who need help.

I have successfully negotiated a Pond Boss member discount for orders I place to the company in return for serving as a primary contact point to educate and direct any inquiries. However, anyone is free to seek information from me and order directly from the company - my help is not conditional in any manner. I am here to try and provide direction, education from my experiences as a pond owner and fisheries management professional, and hopefully a solution for pond seepage issues.

As this product serves as direct competition for a Pond Boss resource guide advertiser, out of respect for Bob and Mike and their paid advertisers, I needed to ensure I was complying with appropriate rules of engagement prior to promoting the product. I will now be listed in the Pond Boss resource guide as an advertiser, so that challenge has been addressed and resolved. I appreciate your collective patience - I wanted to ensure I did this the right way, regardless of the outcome or length of process.

I welcome a PM anytime if you need information or advice - I am here to help and look forward to working with you.

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

T
T
So, does it work? What kind of leak did you have? Did you have to dredge a bit first to get the muck out before application? Is there a Pond Boss discount?

T
T
teehjaeh57, thanks for the phone call again. I think I do have most/almost all of my leakage at the dam side. The rains we've had lately have exposed this. I think I'm ready to give this stuff a try even though I am a partial groundwater pond.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I am also thinking about trying the product but money is a little tight right now and would like to see if any others have good results before jumping in.

C
C
TJ and I had a great visit the other day on this. Like you said Jason money is tight right now for me also but this is something I am excited to try. My leak may be more than it can handle but it does sound promising. We have had a wet start to the summer here in Missouri and more to come this week by the bucket loads. I think it would be a good year for me to try.

Again thanks for the visit and the time TJ
David

Thanks
Dave
1 acre pond.
D
D
teehjaeh, sent you a pm.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Timinator
So, does it work? What kind of leak did you have? Did you have to dredge a bit first to get the muck out before application? Is there a Pond Boss discount?

Tim feel free to PM me and I will provide all the information I can.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: timshufflin
teehjaeh57, thanks for the phone call again. I think I do have most/almost all of my leakage at the dam side. The rains we've had lately have exposed this. I think I'm ready to give this stuff a try even though I am a partial groundwater pond.

Great meeting you, Tim - and you're welcome! Happy I learned more about your pond and hope I can help down the road.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Custom 68
TJ and I had a great visit the other day on this. Like you said Jason money is tight right now for me also but this is something I am excited to try. My leak may be more than it can handle but it does sound promising. We have had a wet start to the summer here in Missouri and more to come this week by the bucket loads. I think it would be a good year for me to try.

Again thanks for the visit and the time TJ
David

Good meeting you, Dave. Ping me anytime if I can help provide some direction.

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
With TJ's assistance I think I'm gonna give this a try in about a month or so. Any advice from pond owners who have tried similar treatments? Or am I gonna be one of the first guinea pigs? smile

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'
D
D
I just put 10 units in my 1 acre pond about 2 weeks ago with TJ's advice and assistance in obtaining the product. My pond was losing over 5" per week in the cooler part of spring. My current rate of loss is only about 2.3" per week during a much hotter time period. That is about equal to the National Weather Services evaporation loss observations for my area in July, so I am very happy with the early results.

For the application I flagged off 10 equal sections of my pond then used an inflatable raft with a trolling motor. I would throw in a scoop of part A and my son would throw part B on top of it until we had an entire unit in each section. Be sure to do it when there is no wind. It is a real mess in the boat when it gets wet. Also it stays suspended for some time and will easily blow to the end of your pond which will mess up your coverage.

I'll continue to monitor my results and give updates. Good luck with your project!

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Hey Mark that is awesome news and valuable information for us all. Let's keep tracking results - but glad it appears like a successful project.

Josh and Mike Otto are working a couple leak issues in TX and I'll be sure to have them report their experiences ASAP if we go with Soilfloc.

So far, so good!

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: NEDOC
With TJ's assistance I think I'm gonna give this a try in about a month or so. Any advice from pond owners who have tried similar treatments? Or am I gonna be one of the first guinea pigs? smile

Mark just completed a big project in up near Omaha. Call me for details, worked out pretty slick with his application modifications.

C
C
That is encouraging I will keep monitoring all this. It has been very wet year around here. I still hope to give this a go in the near future.
David

Thanks
Dave
1 acre pond.
N
Lunker
Lunker
N
TJ I'm hoping to give you a call in a bit. I've taken new measurements and want to treat my targeted areas only. I want your opinion and thoughts on it. Then I think I'll order the product.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
No problem, we can figure out the best plan of attack.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Just spoke with Mark on some stocking strategies and he mentioned the pond is holding tight! Awesome news for sure.

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Awesome! I'm hoping to pick some up Tuesday and give it a shot in a few weeks! Fingers crossed.

I ordered some a few weeks ago and now am getting ready to apply. After opening the 2 pails they both look exactly the same. I am trying to seal a very small .07 acre pond which leaks out the bottom. Was just wondering if part a and part b look a like. Thanks

Jim at FishinPals
"If You Too Busy To Go Fishing, You're Just To Busy"

Originally Posted By: FishinPal
I ordered some a few weeks ago and now am getting ready to apply. After opening the 2 pails they both look exactly the same. I am trying to seal a very small .07 acre pond which leaks out the bottom. Was just wondering if part a and part b look a like. Thanks

Okay my mistake. After a closer examination of the 2 by using a teaspoon placing the 2 side by side I can see a difference especially in the color of the 2. One is a much brighter white that the other one and there is a real small difference. Sorry about jumping the gun. I guess my eyes are not as good as they once where.

Jim at FishinPals
"If You Too Busy To Go Fishing, You're Just To Busy"

C
C
I would be interested in more information on this product.can you give us more information or should I just go online.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Per my posts, I'm happy to help anyone with free consultation on any project or just to help troubleshoot and outline options - feel free to PM me. I've worked with a couple dozen of the Pond Boss family and have several successful projects under our belts. If Soilfloc is a sound solution, I can provide a PB discount when ordering through me. Regardless of whatever you do, I'm still here to help the forum community anytime - feel free to reach out!

TJ

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: NEDOC
Awesome! I'm hoping to pick some up Tuesday and give it a shot in a few weeks! Fingers crossed.

See you tomorrow!

TJ,

This conversation has me curious. Ha anyone tried applying the product to a water table pond during full pool? I am wondering whether it would seal and help stabilze the pool level.

Bill D.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
B
B
My thought would be yes but that goes both ways, no water out, no water in. Unless you have surface water to make up for the loss of evap and minimal seepage you will end up with a mud pool at some point. I could be way off on my thinking but I would assume being a water table pond it would be bad.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??