Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ari Rak, Mel-, Sdelaney, Fredly, Ryan P.
16181 Registered Users
Forum Stats
16182 Members
36 Forums
37056 Topics
504048 Posts

Max Online: 1622 @ 10:09 AM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19948
Dave Davidson1 14026
Bill Cody 12921
Who's Online
12 registered (KW35, Custom 68, Downrigger56304, NEDOC, Quarter Acre, RStringer, ewest, MOFishermen, Dave Davidson1, Snipe, teehjaeh57, Augie), 967 Guests and 590 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#511140 - 09/04/19 02:16 PM Routing Tubing-Pipe / Max Run Length
Kris B Offline

Loc: Lafayette, LA
What is the max or recommended distance I should be running weighted tubing or PVC pipe for, say, the Vertex PondLyfe 2 system? I can't seem to find much addressing optimal routing for lines between the compressor and diffusers. Even if the effect on efficiency is small (is it?), the effect on cost for pipe or tubing might be large.

I'm looking at either a 150ft run alongside a 350ft run, or a 350ft run tee-d off for the first diffuser at 150ft and going on to the next one at 350ft, or possibly something like 200ft of PVC pipe to a remote valve box with two approximately equal 130-150ft runs of weighted tubing. (see attachment)

Attachments
Aeration Run Length 1.PNG (27 downloads)

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

#511147 - 09/04/19 03:56 PM Re: Routing Tubing-Pipe / Max Run Length [Re: Kris B]
Quarter Acre Online   content

Loc: West Central Missouri
My gut tells me that you would want to run the PVC pipe (3/4 or 1" sch 40) to a point at the shore that allows the weighted line (5/8" id) runs to be about the same length (each with a flow control valve). I would actually consider running PEX instead of PVC also.

You do not want to run out to the first diffuser and then "T" off and go to the second. This will not allow for any individual flow control and if one is deeper than the other it will flow less where you may want more. The first diffuser will get the bulk of the flow and the second will get what's left over. AND, if one diffuser blows out, the second will suffer and you can not turn one off for maintenance.

I would also be concerned about using the Pondlyfe system as it is only rated for 2 CFM max. This tells me that you will loose CFM's the longer you make your lines, but I could be wrong...they tout that it is good for depths of 30 feet and their pump may not suffer as much with longer tubing runs like a rotary vane or diaphragm pump would. I'm not privy to their systems and strongly suggest you contact them directly before purchasing and/or designing your line runs.

Today's Birthdays
adam black, JOTMCKIN, PondSmith
Recent Posts
To Aerate OR Not To Aerate?
by Quarter Acre
How long does it last (treatment) ?
by RStringer
Forage pond question
by ewest
Chronicles of stocking Hybrid Striped Bass......
by NEDOC
Soil question for pond renovation
by ewest
What did you do at your pond today?
by ewest
Effects of winterkill
by ewest
Water Chemistry Log by QA
by Quarter Acre
03:17 PM
Pond leaking?
by teehjaeh57