This summer I needed to make a repair on my dam so I allowed it to fall nearly 8’ leaving the total pond depth around 9’. For the last 9 years I have a pump house located on a creek bank pumping water up to my pond to keep it full pool. I do not have any springs to feed it. The pond is just shy of 2 acres and I run 2 diffusers. For the past 9 years I have used Aquashade and Copper Sulfate to control any algae issues, applying both about once per month. This year however I have a scum on my pond that refuses to relent. It blooms when the pond is in full sun and I wait for the wind to blow everything to one end or the other and spray it with copper sulfate. It seems to kill it almost immediately and smells like dead fish when it dies. Then it leaves blotches all over the pond surface. Then in about a week, I will get another bloom. It is red in color and looks like an oil slick until it piles up on itself on one end of the pond or the other. I have searched the internet and have not been able to identify what it is exactly and have seen many advertisements for different ways to treat “red algae”.....one being copper sulfate. Has anyone ran into this stuff? If so, how did you get rid of it? The pond is filling back up after the repair, it’s up about 4’ and I am happy to report that so far it appears the repair to the dam seems to have helped! I am apparently having issues uploading pictures here, anyone have any advice for doing that? Lol