After getting sticker shock while shopping around for manufactured dock hardware I decided to build what I needed rather
than buy it already made. I spent $180 on steel and a few hours in my workshop drilling holes, welding and painting.
I had another Lamont moment when I fabbed up the mud pole brackets. I drilled the holes too close to the center of the
mounting plates. Didn't have enough space between the pipe and the fasteners to get a socket on the bolt heads. Had to
run the lags in with an end wrench. Big dummy...
Wife and daughter bought some marsh milkweed at a native plant sale yesterday and stuck those in the dirt on the dam
near the bald cypress tree this afternoon.
Got the corner braces and mud pole brackets bolted to the platform this afternoon.
Also got the corner braces and hinge plates bolted to the gangway.
The FHM that were stocked on the 6th are using the dock floats for spawning. They were not happy when I started moving
the dock around so I could work on it.
I noticed a few dead FHM floating this morning. Mostly big males, but I did find a dozen or so smaller ones along with a few
dead shiners. Unless I see a bunch more I'll chalk it up to stocking/spawning stress.