I finally have my pond to the point where I think Trout can make it. Pond is 100' x 80' the center is 8' - 9' the balance is around 4'. I pull my irrigation from the pond which equates to about 18,000 gallons per day. I have a 30 GPM well that I run about 8 hours per day(14,400 gallons). I am going to adjust the well to run a couple hours longer to 12 hours during the day and will run the aerator at night. I have been checking the surface temp when I get home from work and before I go to bed and it has stayed right at 68 deg. The water coming in from the well is right around 47 deg. Couple quick questions.

Generally what is the temp. difference 6' below the surface?

My sprinkler is pulling water from maybe 4' of water would it make a difference if I pulled the warmer water from 1' below the surface?

I know I will have to keep a eye on things do you guys think just replacing the water that the pump pulls out will keep the pond cool enough? I know their are a ton of variables but you guys have allot more experience with trout than I do!!

If it makes a difference the well water does run down a small rock waterfall to aerate it as it enters the pond. I am just going to stock rainbows to start.

Thanks