Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
SlabSeeker, wannapond0001, gameP, Oddo, Marizanne
15702 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15702 Members
36 Forums
36153 Topics
492106 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19619
Dave Davidson1 13631
Bill Cody 12550
Who's Online
13 registered (hawkeyes, wannapond0001, Heath Lawrence, Augie, 4CornersPuddle, DannyMac, Tbar, CMM, Zep, Vortex 4, John Fitzgerald, bigpullerman, Dave Davidson1), 151 Guests and 423 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#472431 - 05/21/17 08:36 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: canyoncreek]
Bill D. Offline

Loc: Boone County Illinois
Welcome to PBF Keifer!

I suggest you send a Private Message (PM) to Teehjaeh57 here on the forum. Super nice guy, always willing to help folks and the resident expert on Soil-Floc. If you don't know how to send a PM just click on his name a few post back and send a Private message will pop up as an option.

Good Luck and again welcome!

Bill D.

Edited by Bill D. (05/21/17 08:59 PM)

You'll never know what ya can catch unless you wet a line!

#472435 - 05/21/17 09:48 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: canyoncreek]
L's Pond Offline

Loc: East Texas
Sad weekend as I found myself mowing my pond, yes that's right the water level is at an all time low, so much so that I had to mow it. The pond is 30-40 yrs old, 1/2 acre surrounded by trees. I've owned the property two years and have watched the water level fluctuate drastically. Lucky for me we were getting rain pretty regularly, so it hadn't been that bad although I knew it was losing water at a pretty high rate. As of last summer we've been in somewhat of a drought. All the heavy rains keep missing us. The water level has hit an all time low and now I'm wondering what can I do to "fix" it. Is this a situation where I have to dig out the pond and add clay? Or Would Soil-Floc work here? As the water has drained I can see the pond was dug with three deeper pools separated by flat ridges. The water in all three pools seem to lower at the same rate which tells me the water is seeping into the ground. The shallowest pool is only a foot deep as of today. Following are some photos. One is from a month ago and the second is the freshly mowed pond. Any thoughts?

#472445 - 05/22/17 02:44 AM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: Bill D.]
teehjaeh57 Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Welcome to PBF Keifer!

I suggest you send a Private Message (PM) to Teehjaeh57 here on the forum. Super nice guy, always willing to help folks and the resident expert on Soil-Floc. If you don't know how to send a PM just click on his name a few post back and send a Private message will pop up as an option.

Good Luck and again welcome!

Bill D.

Thanks Bill - reaching out to Keifer now. Thank you for supporting Pond Boss partners!!

TJ

#472446 - 05/22/17 02:45 AM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: L's Pond]
teehjaeh57 Offline
Lunker

Originally Posted By: L's Pond
Sad weekend as I found myself mowing my pond, yes that's right the water level is at an all time low, so much so that I had to mow it. The pond is 30-40 yrs old, 1/2 acre surrounded by trees. I've owned the property two years and have watched the water level fluctuate drastically. Lucky for me we were getting rain pretty regularly, so it hadn't been that bad although I knew it was losing water at a pretty high rate. As of last summer we've been in somewhat of a drought. All the heavy rains keep missing us. The water level has hit an all time low and now I'm wondering what can I do to "fix" it. Is this a situation where I have to dig out the pond and add clay? Or Would Soil-Floc work here? As the water has drained I can see the pond was dug with three deeper pools separated by flat ridges. The water in all three pools seem to lower at the same rate which tells me the water is seeping into the ground. The shallowest pool is only a foot deep as of today. Following are some photos. One is from a month ago and the second is the freshly mowed pond. Any thoughts?

Hi, feel free to reach out and can help with some direction whether it's re-engineering, liner, or polymer application. Happy to help!

TJ

#472563 - 05/23/17 04:14 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: L's Pond]
liquidsquid Offline

Loc: East Bloomfield, NY USA
Do you see tree roots in the pond? They are thirsty too! If the trees are pulling water from the pond, I don't think Soil-Floc will stop them. You may wish to "thin the herd" a little of the trees surrounding the pond to lower their consumption. Target the broad-leaved deciduous before targeting pines. Maples and willows are the worst offenders with "drinking" water.

#472567 - 05/23/17 07:05 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: liquidsquid]
SetterGuy Offline

Loc: NE Missouri
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
Do you see tree roots in the pond? They are thirsty too! If the trees are pulling water from the pond, I don't think Soil-Floc will stop them. You may wish to "thin the herd" a little of the trees surrounding the pond to lower their consumption. Target the broad-leaved deciduous before targeting pines. Maples and willows are the worst offenders with "drinking" water.

I've got 100 yr old, oaks, hickories, and maples right up to the edge of my pond. I'm sure they have a negative effect on the water level, as well as dumping in millions of leaves every fall, but they are nice to look at, and I can always find a shady spot to float, no matter what time of day, or year.
FYI, I followed CC's plan for putting down SF. It's a great way to keep track of where you've been, and how even your application is. The SF slowed down my leak by 50%. I think if I was doing it over, I would double the application rate. I threw a red plastic cup of A & B, plus a cup of bentonite to help it sink, for every 4' of distance covered.

#494327 - 07/27/18 06:51 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: canyoncreek]
Skip Cave Offline

Loc: TX
Have a small pond that leaks into the sand layer just above the chalk layer at the bottom. How much Soilfloc should I use to stop the water from draining? How to apply it?
Pond dimensions:
[img]https://goo.gl/A1k3EV[/img]
Pond Photo:
[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/8DWRD8fiPc2SuguT8[/img]

#494336 - 07/28/18 12:58 PM Re: Soil-Floc, it continues to be an amazing product!! [Re: canyoncreek]
teehjaeh57 Offline
Lunker

Feel free to contact me anytime happy to help try and outline some solutions for you.

Tj@hudlandmgmt.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Today's Birthdays
Dustin Pratt, redfinger
Recent Posts
My pond full of outcast
by bigpullerman
Today at 09:15 PM
Non fed ponds
by bigpullerman
Today at 09:00 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by anthropic
Today at 08:17 PM
A couple questions
by Vortex 4
Today at 05:26 PM
Hopeful pond construction spring 2019
by John Fitzgerald
Today at 04:04 PM
Happy Birthday DonoBBD!
by stickem'
Today at 01:55 PM
A Pond Log by QA
by Bocomo
Today at 11:36 AM
Long-time stocked rainbows
by Mfitzs70
Today at 06:00 AM
European (redfin) Perch
by ItalyBASS
Yesterday at 05:08 PM
PB Magazine arrived!
by Sunil
Yesterday at 03:36 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Pond site
Pond dig
My recent haul
Hello From Lufkin Texas!
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID

2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide