Ive got a 20 something year old 1 acre pond in my back yard that i let get way out of balance over the years do to weeds growth and not fishing it among other things i imagine. 3 summers ago a finely got the cattails killed off around it and the weeds out of it. Iv keep all the weeds out of it until this summer hoping the bass would have a better shot at reducing the BG population and gaining some weight. Ive got a lot of stuff going on in this restoration project "all of it mainly in my head as of now" so ive got a ton of questions to lay on yea from here on out. So heres whats up with my first question. It appears i have a shortage of LB and an over abundance of small BG and redear and they are fry and fingerlings all around the pond. But other than a couple 3 to 5 pound bass ive seen all the bass 12" and under seem to have thin stomachs. Im thinking they should be healthier looking or at least more aggressive to hitting a lure. Any comments would be appreciated im hear to learn and apply a little new found knowledge.

Greg R