Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
dhadam, Brian N., MidMoAdam, Tayten b, squareacrefarm
15053 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15053 Members
36 Forums
34849 Topics
476629 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24014
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18987
Dave Davidson1 13130
Theo Gallus 12335
Who's Online
11 registered (hobbyman, Bill D., Archer82, dhadam, MidMoAdam, Mal, 4CornersPuddle, John Fitzgerald, WDD, Zep, Flame), 167 Guests and 388 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#481350 - 10/19/17 08:42 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: anthropic]
esshup Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent

Lunker

Loc: Grovertown, Indiana
Tracy:

From personal experience, and from observations at clients ponds, when feeding the same amount of feed, switching from at least 2, maybe 3 other brands of feed resulted in less FA in ponds.

I noticed that in my personal pond 3 years ago when I switched. Now I'm seeing that in clients ponds that switch.

Dustin, either mail or send to my personal e-mail a label for the blue mouthed Yellow Perch. I will be fishing in my pond in the next 2 weeks now that the water has cooled.

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).

#481359 - 10/20/17 07:33 AM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
TGW1 Offline

Loc: Harrison Co. Texas
Dustin, Thank you for getting back to me here. I like the idea of less fines or powder that is thrown into the pond water when I use my TH feeders. If you have or can reduce those fines, it has to be a plus in reducing fertility in pond water. I may have to just give Optimal a shot for a year and see what happens.

esshup, FA that I get is usually in the spring and that is when I add the Tp. It does not take long before I see the FA gone.
It's the excess green water that concerns me when I have those dense blooms. I am two weeks into one now. You know I start out with good intentions and reduce feeding amounts but then that feed all they will eat in 15 min comes into play and my food is gone in 15 seconds, so I dump more fish food in. I have to quit doing that smile So I was thinking about how I can't eat much chocolate cake , it's too rich and was hoping the Optimal fish food might be the same. Rich food= less intake=less poop smile
Outlaws and proud of it

Tracy

#481427 - 10/21/17 07:52 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
John Fitzgerald Online   content

Loc: S. end of Elkins, Arkansas
I started the trials today with my BG, fed twice. So far, inconclusive results. The pellets are sized so that the small BG do not try to eat them. The 5-8 inch BG eat them fine. EDIT: After four feedings, so far the results are still inconclusive. My BG eat all of it.

Edited by John Fitzgerald (10/22/17 07:55 PM)

#481769 - 10/28/17 06:01 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
John Fitzgerald Online   content

Loc: S. end of Elkins, Arkansas
Dustin,

I have emailed you the results of my trial feedings of my BG. Finished today.

#481820 - 10/29/17 08:02 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
highflyer Online   happy

Loc: East Texas
After grinding up the food, I have about the same results. I'll email what I have learned. I do have a winner, but it is closer than I thought.

I did toss the grindings in different places and I used three ponds. It might be a little overkill, but what the heck.

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%

#482118 - 11/03/17 11:21 AM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
peachgrower Offline

Loc: Nashville, AR
flyer, did you get a better reaction after grinding? I may try to grind mine today. I fed for the first time yesterday and have a clear winner so far. We have had a warm snap and they were a little slow. I feed AM500 so this feed is a bit bigger. The biggest difference I could see was the intensity of the splash with the different feeds. I did not see more or less in number, but the winning feed exhibited a much more aggressive splash than the other. Can ingredients cause this?? Like smell/taste? I guess like the difference in bait attractants?

#483339 - 11/29/17 01:35 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
optimalfishfood Offline

Loc: SD
A big thanks to all those who are participating!

I've received some results already, but am still waiting on a few more. A quick reminder to email me results so we can start getting them ready for release!

#483340 - 11/29/17 01:45 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: optimalfishfood]
NEDOC Offline
Lunker

Loc: SC Nebraska
Are you going to be doing this study again next summer?

#483368 - 11/29/17 05:29 PM Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 [Re: NEDOC]
optimalfishfood Offline

Loc: SD
It depends on the level of interest, but we would like to do three or four more open trials next season.

The intention is to make every trial unique, so this particular set of experimental diets will not likely be repeated. Based on the many threads and discussions here on the Pond Boss forum, it should be pretty easy to design new trial themes (moisture, redears, pellet densities, smells, etc). If anyone has ideas they would be like to see, feel free to send us a pm.

Just stay tuned. The Pond Boss members will always get first shots at signing up. We're proud to support this forum, this community, and create the best feeds available. Listening to feedback from the people out using our feeds is fundamental to our success.

-Dustin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Today's Birthdays
bobguillory, cchoate, Gary R. Hoenicke, John H., Loren, Loren Willis
Recent Posts
Believe I finally found leak source
by Archer82
0 seconds ago
Draining Old Farm Pond
by MidMoAdam
27 minutes 4 seconds ago
1/2 acre ohio pond help