Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rainman, Bobbss), 458 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#479924 09/14/17 12:36 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I currently have my fountain height around 2 feet when the fountain is connected directly to the pump which is inside a filter box.

Since it's a pain to have to clean out the filter box all the time and move the fountain around and constantly re-position it after every filter swap, I was thinking of getting a pond skimmer or something so I could create a permanent mount for the fountain nozzle and have the pump / filter elsewhere in the pond, or even outside the pond. Also hoping to accentuate the fountain so it stands out a bit more and reduce the waves it creates at the same time.

I'm curious if I would still get the same exact height for my fountain if the nozzle isn't connected directly to the pump?

This could make it so there is an additional few feet of tubing between the pump and the nozzle, possibly even up to 5 or 6 feet of additional tubing.

Also curious what kind of assemblies people use for just a fountain nozzle. Like a stand of some kind with a weight to it so the nozzle doesn't move all about like a loose fire hose smile and so it could hold the RGB light ring.

What I really would like to do is maybe make a stand similar to these: (I would just have 1 single one in the center of the pond)

Mine couldn't be made out of real stone though because that would be too heavy for the pre-formed pond liner. Perhaps it could be ceramic or something much lighter.

I don't even know what you would call these. Fountain stand, platform, box, riser, assembly, tower, cube, cool geometric shape, perch, nozzle nook, nozzle mount, thing to hold your nozzle, nozzle suspender. smile

I'm also curious if these kinds of things are available to purchase or if they have to be made custom or created by hand. Like, does Amazon carry them, or something similar?

Last edited by CrazyPondMaster; 09/14/17 01:57 AM.
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey CPM I see your passion in what you do, but you may not be in the exact right place... Most of us and I say most not all are into more of the farm pond type management not the back yard pond like it looks like you are.

Don't get me wrong that all looks really cool I just don't know how many answers your going to get out here... Hopefully someone here will chime in with some EXP on what your doing....

Good Luck,

Last edited by RC51; 09/14/17 10:21 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: RC51
Hey CPM I see your passion in what you do, but you may not be in the exact right place... Most of us and I say most not all are into more of the farm pond type management not the back yard pond like it looks like you are.

Don't get me wrong that all looks really cool I just don't know how many answers your going to get out here... Hopefully someone here will chime in with some EXP on what your doing....

Good Luck,

Thanks. I've been trying to find a water feature forum but most don't seem too active. The one I did find seems to have a slight backlog of post approvals. http://www.groundtradesxchange.com/forums/water-features/

Not sure if there is another water feature forum around that has a lot of activity.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??