Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,811
Members18,485
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,512
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
5 members (Rick O, Theo Gallus, Bill Cody, FishinRod, Sunil), 1,131 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
A buddy is helping me try different ways to post pictures here, so this thread will be just for testing. When I get it figured out I will delete this thread.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
F
F
Good, I want to see if I can post. I'm using postimage. Org

Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
PostImage.org works!

eZimba.com works!

Fishing has never been about the fish....

T
T
imgbb works.......

Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
Jezz Tbar looks like your plastic bait works even better!

Fishing has never been about the fish....

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
As a PB volunteer, I think I can at least speak from an unofficial point for the moderators and administrators of the PB forum.

The methods we have been using for well over a decade to post photos on the forum has gotten more and more difficult over the last several months. The forum is mostly operated by volunteers and is not a money-making operation for anybody. It is truly a labor of love by friends and supporters.

I want to personally thank all of those who have come up with alternatives for posting photos. I am personally facing this on two other similar hobby forums I'm involved in.

I will see what I can do to update some of the photos I have posted from PhotoBucket, but most of the rest of my PB photos were on Picasa, which became Google+. It too has become incrementally very difficult to use over about the last 6-7 months for posting hosted photos on forums like this.

The Pond Boss paid/volunteer staff members are all looking at this problem, we just don't currently have a reasonable solution. We feel like hostages.

Anybody want to give us a $1,000,000 grant to improve photo posting on Internet forum sites? You can use PayPal in $1,000 increments. grin

Regards,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Have you tried IMGUR? This is what I now use at the recommendation of my two twenty-something kids that are both computer scientists. Drag and drop photos fast, and click on copy link, after selecting photo, that says "forums" to post here. Even an old guy like me can do it. Of course they could go the way of Photobucket, but we will see how well their decision works out for them.

Last edited by RAH; 07/19/17 05:55 AM.
J
J
Originally Posted By: RAH
Have you tried IMGUR? This is what I now use at the recommendation of my two twenty-something kids that are both computer scientists. Drag and drop photos fast, and click on copy link, after selecting photo, that says "forums" to post here. Even an old guy like me can do it. Of course they could go the way of Photobucket, but we will see how well their decision works out for them.

Imgur was specifically designed for photos and gifs to the website reddit.com because Reddit did not have a good way to post photos much like the forum here. Below is a post from Feb 2015 about Imgur. They had a pro subscription for awhile.

"On Imgur’s first birthday, we announced Imgur Pro, a paid account that gave users the ability to support their favorite image sharer while getting some cool extra features in return. Today, we celebrate Imgur’s sixth year, and we’ve decided that you’re the one who deserves a gift. We’re phasing out Pro subscriptions…and making the Pro features completely free for every Imgur user!

Here are all the goods you’ll get with your free Imgur account starting today:

Store an unlimited number of images in your account
Receive multiple thumbnail options on all uploads
Access complete image analytics and referrer data
Manage, edit or delete any uploaded image at any time
Interact with the awesome Imgur community through commenting, voting and sharing
It’s been an amazing six years for Imgur. What began as a simple image uploading service has transformed into a community of the Internet’s most dynamic visual storytellers. Imgur has become the best place to explore, share, and discuss the Internet’s images–and we couldn’t have done it without your support and loyalty. We’re looking forward to many more years of uniting the universe through images with you."

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
So Photobucket gives a surprise bill while Imgur says stop paying us and improves service for free. It will be interesting to see if the "pay model" or "advertising model" wins out.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Sort of like this forum. Will the advertising only model be sufficient, or will other means of support be needed. Word is, it's a non profit now...does that need to change to avoid a photobucket scenario.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
I also recommend imgur. Simple, free to use, and works on many platforms. It's great for image hosting, but it doesn't really work as an online photo album like some of the other services.

Originally Posted By: jludwig

Imgur was specifically designed for photos and gifs to the website reddit.com because Reddit did not have a good way to post photos much like the forum here. Below is a post from Feb 2015 about Imgur. They had a pro subscription for awhile.

"On Imgur’s first birthday, we announced Imgur Pro, a paid account that gave users the ability to support their favorite image sharer while getting some cool extra features in return. Today, we celebrate Imgur’s sixth year, and we’ve decided that you’re the one who deserves a gift. We’re phasing out Pro subscriptions…and making the Pro features completely free for every Imgur user!

Here are all the goods you’ll get with your free Imgur account starting today:

Store an unlimited number of images in your account
Receive multiple thumbnail options on all uploads
Access complete image analytics and referrer data
Manage, edit or delete any uploaded image at any time
Interact with the awesome Imgur community through commenting, voting and sharing
It’s been an amazing six years for Imgur. What began as a simple image uploading service has transformed into a community of the Internet’s most dynamic visual storytellers. Imgur has become the best place to explore, share, and discuss the Internet’s images–and we couldn’t have done it without your support and loyalty. We’re looking forward to many more years of uniting the universe through images with you."

J
J
Bocomo,

Have you created an account? If you have an account created with Imgur, it works better for albums.

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

From their "terms of service".

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

So, users of it beware, you could lose all your links if you use it for 3rd party hosting too..... That is what I need to avoid.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
IMGUR specifically offers a photo copy option for posting on forums, so I don't think that message is applicable here?

Last edited by RAH; 07/20/17 05:33 AM.
esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I re-read their terms of service and it is a grey area, so I sent them an e-mail asking whether it is allowed or not.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Excellent!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Let us know what they say.

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Will do!!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Don't mind me, just using the thread to test a new avatar photo.

I attached a photo of a new avatar in this post, copied its address from its properties, pasted the address in my avatar box in my profile edit screen and it worked fine until I came back to the thread and removed it from my post. Now my avatar is gone. I guess that makes sense. Once esshup deletes this thread, my avatar would go with it. So, it's a failed attempt. I guess I can hijack one of my old threads to place my avatar in and copy/past the address from there?

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 07/21/17 01:53 PM.

Fish on!,
Noel
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Any response from IMGUR? I wonder if they are getting a flood of new accounts from those fleeing Photobucket?

Last edited by RAH; 07/23/17 06:17 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
New 1.5 Ac pond in NC. YP for harvest is my goal.
by FishinRod - 04/19/24 06:16 PM
Major Fail
by Donatello - 04/19/24 01:48 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy
by teehjaeh57 - 04/19/24 01:36 PM
Protecting Minnows
by esshup - 04/19/24 09:46 AM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/18/24 08:41 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump