New member here. This site has so much information its great, but its also a bit overwhelming with all of the info too. Great site!!

I have a small pond (0.4 ac) that is full of coontail. Its an older pond, initially created as a livestock pond by damming off a small ravine years ago. Average depth is about 9 feet. It is fed by a seasonal steam (dry now), but I have a small water supply from another source that I use to keep it full during the summer months. The pond also has a very muddy bottom. I have a serious coontail problem, and just finished a couple of weeks ago raking out the majority of the coontail until it wasn’t visible on the surface any more. We raked out multiple truck loads!! I was putting off treating it until I get my aerator fixed, but the coontail seems to be back already in several areas.
Since its late in the season and hot temps, I thought that treating with Fluridone would be better so as to minimize any abrupt DO issues. Is that a good assumption or should I treat with Diquat instead, since it seems to be growing so fast. is is better to wait until I get the aerator fixed or treat without?

What is the suggested concentration levels to control coontail with Fluridone? The product information I have only provides a range of suggested concentrations to use, but has no information on any plant specific recommendations.

Thanks