Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,058
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
16 members (emactxag, Ron crismon, jpsdad, Dave Davidson1, Saratznj, Donatello, Layne, Freg, Sunil, tws3, rjackson, jludwig, Shorthose, DenaTroyer, Theo Gallus, Tinylake), 656 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#467419 03/22/17 07:15 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I hate even using the word diet. Seems like these days everyone is on some new diet they are so excited about. I have NEVER been that guy so it pains me to say this...... I started a diet and it has worked and worked amazingly. Not only have I lost weight, but my energy levels are off the charts. I knew several people that had tried it before me and raved about it so I finally caved and tried it. My results have been so good that some of my training partners have asked me what I have been doing, etc, etc and now they are on it and love it, same with their wives and other people they know. Bottom line is it works. There is a lot of science behind it apparently (don't ask me to explain it). The guy developed during his time in the Marines and now is the biggest name in nutrition for the UFC.

Fitnessvt.com

Just passing a long a good thing.

It only costs $17 bucks a month.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Dang, I wish you hadn't posted this. I have been happily slovenly for years. But, going to Africa this Summer on a safari so need to lose some more weight. I'm down 10 pounds in 4 months but need to lose more.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: wbuffetjr
I hate even using the word diet. Seems like these days everyone is on some new diet they are so excited about. I have NEVER been that guy so it pains me to say this...... I started a diet and it has worked and worked amazingly. Not only have I lost weight, but my energy levels are off the charts. I knew several people that had tried it before me and raved about it so I finally caved and tried it. My results have been so good that some of my training partners have asked me what I have been doing, etc, etc and now they are on it and love it, same with their wives and other people they know. Bottom line is it works. There is a lot of science behind it apparently (don't ask me to explain it). The guy developed during his time in the Marines and now is the biggest name in nutrition for the UFC.

Fitnessvt.com

Just passing a long a good thing.

It only costs $17 bucks a month.

I apologise if I'm missing some humor here.

I looked at the website homepage, but didn't want to go any further. I didn't want to go where it might lead me or my computer. I certainly don't need any more junk emails every day.

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but it sure looks like an unauthorized commercial promotion, which is not permitted on Pond Boss.

Did I miss how this is related to pond management?

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but it sure looks like an unauthorized commercial promotion, which is not permitted on Pond Boss.

Did I miss how this is related to pond management?

I hope I am missing the humor here. One, I posted it in the Pond boss section that specifically says "if it is not ponds". Two, we can recommend brands of tractors, compressors and even fish food, but not what/how WE are eating? All about pond health, but not our health?

I would not come on here and recommend something that was gonna get people spammed with junk mail. You ARE over reacting.

I myself have tried different methods, diet plans, etc., over the years and what I do know is when you find one that has worked, you do feel incredibly well in nearly all aspects of your life. To the point you wish the same for others, that they too could feel as good.

Ken, I understand where you're coming from but for me I will see wbuffetjr's post as just that. Enthusiasm and excitement from an active PBF member for something that has been life changing for him that he wanted to share with "the family", so to speak.

Akin to the occasional member seeking positive thoughts and prayers for a loved one going through a difficult time. Also not necessarily pond related but IMO a welcomed post.

Congrats to you, wbuffetjr for your weight-loss and more importantly, the positive change in your life.

As we all know there's thousands of "diet plans", none in the one size fits all category, to Ken's point maybe a positive note (like what you've posted) and if anyone's interested in learning more they could PM you (if that's allowed). Just a thought to save the perception of advertising.

Odd as it is, we've all asked the question about which specific products people like/use, with responses to many different products on the market. But if a post is written as to how well a specific product has worked for us, it could be perceived as an advertisement.

Just my $.02 FWIW

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Yes, I probably did over react, and I apologise for not handling it better.

When I read it, it sounded very much like the many "endorsements" and ads we previously were barraged with every day by spammers. Sometimes we would get dozens or hundreds overnight, until we got some new software and we changed how we do things.

We do have to be cautious about "selling" or promoting products on the forum. It is one of the areas that causes the moderators problems. People sign up and begin to push their products. Sometimes they do so quite overtly, and other times somewhat subtly. Some of the more subtle ways is to include a web link to a product or service in their signature. That is only allowed if they are a paid up Pond Boss advertised.

There is certainly nothing wrong with comparing most products and services, or asking someone's experience with most products or services. And, it must be respectful and not be slanderous to where it causes a liability for the website.

Regards,
Ken

Last edited by catmandoo; 03/23/17 11:32 AM.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
W
OP Offline
W
I apologize for getting snappy. Maybe I should have been more clear in my first post. I don't work for them, with them or make any kind of money in any way from the program. It is truly like Keith said, just trying to pass along a good thing that might help someone else.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Well, now that that's smoothed out, Double D how cool is going to Africa? So as not to hijack this thread, would you please start a thread about your trip?

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
".... would you please start a thread about your trip?"

To Budokan?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
So far, it's still a dream for a couple of months out. We booked our flights a couple of months ago at around $1K per seat. Those same seats now cost $4,800 to put your butt in. Grandson and his best friend, a bloodthirsty pair, are getting this as a High School graduation present. They've been hunting my place since they got BB guns and targeted grasshoppers.

2 weeks in South Africa, a long way from Muleshoe Texas, and my first ever trip out of the USA and/or Mexico. No idea whether they have tequila or Budweiser there.

The first week will be goofing off and touristing in Capetown. We, or some of us, are going down with the sharks but the big battle there is between me and my Wife and her cohort, my Daughter. They're telling me that I have to stay in a cage. My response it that I'm going to free dive. Heck, I'm dang near 75 years old and things aren't going to get any better from now on. I'd rather get eaten by a damn shark than get old and infirm. Think about it. Who wouldn't rather go down in family history as the guy who got eaten by a shark than had to be put in a "home" at $6 or $8,000 per month with Alzheimers. I just might lose this battle though.

Then we head North, somewhere near the Krueger National Forest, to a hunting lodge. We talked to the owner a couple of months ago in Houston when he attended the Houston Safari Club Convention(sales show). He was referred by a Houston buddy of mine there who has done a lot of international hunting. The boys will do most of the actual hunting. I probably won't. Heck, by the time I shoot an African deer, have the head mounted and shipped back, it will cost somewhere North of $6,000 per animal. It's not worth that much to me because I know how long it takes to save that much $. I'll watch the boys and will no doubt have to pay a bunch of $$ for their bloodthirsty tendencies. Really looking forward to the trip and expect that we will enjoy it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
W
OP Offline
W
Dave,

That sounds like a hell of a trip! Definitely one those boys will remember for life! Very awesome!! I have always wanted to cage dive with sharks as well so I hope you will post some pics! I am only 40 so I'll "stay in the cage" for the next 30-40 years, but after that I couldn't agree with you any more!! I don't like to swim THAT much tho so I imagine a Grizzly hunt with a stick for my 80th bday.

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 03/24/17 07:08 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
".... and my first ever trip out of the USA and/or Mexico."

What??!!!!!!

And with your Masters in International Business????

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I quote DD: "I just might lose this battle, though" Was there ever a doubt hehe.

I hear you about croaking in some exciting way instead of a home where you can't remember anything. Perhaps you could volunteer for the French Foreign Legion.

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 07:52 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 07:40 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 07:28 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails