I'm sure the Florida PondBoss members have been watching the eagle cam in SW Florida. I have been fascinated by watching the eggs sit there and then one day, one of them hatches. The other one was in the nest for a few weeks then one day the parent eagle buried it in the nest. Every couple of days I pop in on youtube to spy on the nest. It is great seeing various fish get brought in and little pieces tore out and fed to the little one.

Now the grey fluffy chick has adult colored feathers except the head feathers. He/She is tearing into small rodents on his own and I bet any day will be flapping on the edge of the nest. The operators of the multiple cameras do a good job of varying the camera view, zooming etc. At the time of the egg hatch there were like 55,000 simultaneous viewers!

Since then I also found a great horned owl live stream that of all places made a nest on a window box of a home in OKlahoma City. I guess the mother owl used the same nest box for 4 years and there are lots of youtube videos of the highlights of that stream.

Great Horned Owl stream

We usually hear barred owl calls in our woods in spring and fall. I haven't heard any this winter. When the american toads all are jumping out of the water in the spring the owls move in for daytime feasting! (picture last spring)

Last edited by canyoncreek; 02/21/17 01:56 PM.